.

At the Stroke of Midnight

At the Stroke of Midnight by Anmol Rawat

At the stroke of midnight
I hear her sobbing
Bewilderment comes first and then I realize
Before sleeping we just had a fight

Too stubborn to react
I try to close my eyes
The memories from the past haunts first and then I realize
Even though we have problems, the love is intact

I remember the old days
Quarrels were there but ego was nowhere
Guilt comes first and then I realize
I have not been able to express my love anyways

I sit up on the bed
Move myself to embrace her and never let go
Shock comes first and then I realize
My body lies there lifeless and her eyes are swollen red

I scream but she can’t hear
I want to hug her and kiss her but I can’t
Compunction comes first and then I realize
This pain is endless even though my soul can’t bear…

This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda


Insight:
The post was meant to be a creative one beginning with the line 'At the Stroke of Midnight'. I am pleased that it was selected among the best ones on BlogAdda (for the first time in two tries). I have heard from many friends that it was not rhyming but I would like to say that the rhyme scheme here is ABBA i.e. the last letter of first and fourth line rhyme.


Previous
Next Post »

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon