.

I Wish She Had Smart Suraksha


Niyati and I were going through a rough phase of our relationship. It’s funny how things change as you grow up. We were inseparable when we were in college but differences had begun growing out of nowhere the moment we were placed in our respective companies. The job life can be really hectic sometimes and keeps you busy for majority of your time. It’s not that we had called off our relationship but we hardly saw each other.

That was one usual morning except that it was raining heavily ever since I woke up. I had a meeting after the lunch and had to prepare a bunch of things for that. The fresher phase is the worst phase of job I believe. I had reached the office late due to the never ending traffic on the roads.

Suddenly my phone rang. It was Niyati. Why would she be calling me this early? I was puzzled when it suddenly went off. I called her back but could not reach her. I heard my team leader calling me inside the cabin. Maybe the rain has messed up with the coverage. I kept my phone in the pocket and proceeded towards the cabin.

It was the next day that I received a call from an unknown number. “Is it Anirudh?” the voice on the other end asked. “Yes. Whom am I talking to?” The things she told me took me off the ground and pierced me right through my heart. Leaving everything, I ran towards the Hospital where Niyati was admitted.

The call was made by Niyati’s cousin sister who got my number from a college friend. I reached the hospital as soon as I could and dashed towards the room she was admitted to. I could not believe my eyes when I saw her lying almost lifeless on the hospital bed. I could make out several injuries that were being taken care of by the doctors. She was pale and unconscious. I burst into tears at the sight. She was the most colorful person I have ever seen in my life and seeing her like this made me weak.

I wish she had not called me. I wish she had Smart Suraksha with her.

Niyati was found by an anonymous person lying unconscious on a highway. Her clothes were torn apart and she was squirming with pain. The person called the police right away but decided to keep his name anonymous. She was taken to the hospital immediately. The doctors at the hospital confirmed that she was raped multiple times and was also drugged. This all had happened yesterday after I was being called by her. I could not forgive myself and went under some sort of depression.

The culprits were traced later who happened to be a cab driver and his friends. She had taken a private cab to her office that day. Some other guys entered the cab half way to her office. That was the time she tried to call me. They took off the phone from her and broke it into pieces. It all happened in the daytime but no one noticed. They drugged her so she could not make any noise, raped her in the moving car and threw her in the middle of nowhere. They were sentenced by the court which was somewhat satisfactory. The person who informed the police was never traced as the sim was registered to an address that did not exist.

It took doctors a couple of weeks to make her stand on her feet without any complications and they declared her physical fit. But she remained in the trauma for five years; five married years. I married her with her parent’s consent after a month. I am not sure whether it was a decision out of guilt or not but I knew that I had always loved her and I still do.

10 years have vanished since the accident and we are a happy married couple blessed with a beautiful daughter. Things have turned out really well and we are quite happy with how life has turned on for us. But whenever I go back in time, I wish she had Smart Suraksha with her so she could have been traced before she had to go through the suffering. It could have saved the precious five years of her life which I can never bring her back.


I am participating in the Seeking Smart Suraksha contest at BlogAdda.com in association with Smart Suraksha App.


Insight:
This piece is purely a work of fiction written in order to spread awareness about the Smart Suraksha application for android which every girl or women must have in her phone. You can alert up to five of your contacts in the moment of need as well as the police. The application can also track your location and send it along with your message even if the GPS is off. Guy or Girl, if you are reading this post, spread the message to your loved ones.


Previous
Next Post »

15 comments

Write comments
Shruti Modi
AUTHOR
October 11, 2013 at 9:21 PM delete

WOW !!! this is one of the best stories written by u Anmol.. Proud of U :)
Kepp it UP !

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
October 12, 2013 at 12:13 AM delete

That was a lovely comment Shruti. Thank you so much :)

Reply
avatar
Ananya Sharma
AUTHOR
October 12, 2013 at 2:33 PM delete

That kind of things actually happen. I have not heard of that application but will download it now.
Nice Write Up

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
October 12, 2013 at 11:12 PM delete

Thank you Ananya :)
Feel glad to have conveyed the message

Reply
avatar
Neelam
AUTHOR
October 13, 2013 at 2:23 PM delete

Beautifully written..
Keep it up.. :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
October 14, 2013 at 1:26 PM delete

Thank you :)
Finally your first comment on the blog :p

Reply
avatar
Me
AUTHOR
October 15, 2013 at 11:41 PM delete

Loved the way it was written and super loved the ending!!

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
October 16, 2013 at 1:19 AM delete

It was great hearing from you :) Thanx a lot for the precious compliment :)

Reply
avatar
October 16, 2013 at 1:25 AM delete

Amazingly composed :D

leaving here a proof that i went through your blog :P

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
October 16, 2013 at 12:02 PM delete

Thank you :)
Yup now I am convinced you went through the blog :p

Reply
avatar
geeta nair
AUTHOR
October 20, 2013 at 11:28 AM delete

Lovely post Anmol. The ending was the best.

Reply
avatar
anitaexplorer
AUTHOR
October 26, 2013 at 1:31 AM delete

Liked the way you have presented.
Such cases are common.
But, thank God here there is a Happy Ending!
Tough for Rape victims to get back to life...

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
October 26, 2013 at 2:28 PM delete

I wish every such victim could find happiness for they are the fighters. I wish people support them instead of making lewd remarks. The happy ending just to show that the victims can lead a happy life as well if the their loved ones, the society supports them.

Thankyou for your comment :)
Every comment means a lot to me.

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon