.

Do Not Disturb


Hanging a ‘Do Not Disturb’ tag on the door knob of the hotel room, I closed it behind me. There she was smiling at me while shedding her clothes one by one seductively tantalizing my nerves and emotions.


Being father to two beautiful daughters was heavenly. However, there was quite some complications during the birth of our new born. I had prayed and prayed and it seems that my prayers were heard. She was born a bit weak but nothing that could not be recovered. Both of us were quite happy and Naina (who was five years old now) was happy too for having a lovely sister.

We named her Nayana which basically meant the same as Naina. Both of them looked starkly similar and thus we decided for the name. Nayana was a year old now and we could basically leave her for a day with her grandmother as we had to visit the holy place where I had visited when my wife was going through severe complications. Naina was too stubborn and she wanted to stay with her sister. Thus we had to leave her at home only.

We were only halfway in our car when we were hit by a speeding car. Our car tumbled into the divider and when I woke up, I was in a hospital. The doctors said they could not save my wife. I has heartbroken. My world collapsed.

Time passed and all the closed ones asked me to marry again. Not that I had forgotten about my wife in the past year. But for some reason they were right. My daughters were too young. They needed maternal care too. But what if the other girl does not treat them well. They were all I had now and for no reason I could put their lives at risk. I was all alone but that was not bigger than the lives of my angels.

I decided that I will nurture them alone. For years I looked after them. As they grew up distances grew between us. May be I was over protective of them. But they wanted to lead their life on their own terms. I was too busy keeping them happy and it was too late till I realized it. By the time they reached their teenage, we were miles apart.

Suddenly I felt all alone again. All these years I had sacrificed for them and what did I get in return? I began crying at random nights. There was no one I could share my feelings.

Certainly in my late thirties, I could not think of any relation. That loneliness grew the emotions that I had been suppressing for all these years. I had given all my life to raise my daughters and I had long suppressed my feelings, my emotions. It was then when I came up with it.


She was in her late twenties and had everything that a man could have desired. Her mere touch sent electrifying chills through my body. Part of my brain was making me feel guilt of what I was doing. But I was doing nothing illegal or immoral. Or maybe I was? But the other part of my brain was refusing to let go of the sensations by body had yearned for all these years. 


This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.


Insight:
"This time your entry must contain, ‘Do Not Disturb’." This is what BlogAdda told the bloggers this weekend for the WOW.


Previous
Next Post »

20 comments

Write comments
Soumya
AUTHOR
December 20, 2013 at 3:43 PM delete

Very very realistic and beautiful. If there is a need, there is a need. No one is getting hurt right?

Hell, why don't people write such tales everyday :)

Reply
avatar
Amit Parashar
AUTHOR
December 20, 2013 at 5:44 PM delete

WOW take on WoW Prompt...good one :)

Reply
avatar
Ananya Sharma
AUTHOR
December 21, 2013 at 2:11 AM delete

A realistic point.

"But I was doing nothing illegal or immoral. Or maybe I was?" brilliant lines. Keep it up :)

Reply
avatar
December 22, 2013 at 12:19 AM delete

Write very realistic line.........

That's very nice.

Reply
avatar
cifar shayar
AUTHOR
December 22, 2013 at 6:12 PM delete

very different kind of story,nice one

Reply
avatar
Ashwin Kumar
AUTHOR
December 22, 2013 at 10:55 PM delete

Realistic take and very beautifully narrated. I thoroughly enjoyed the read.
Cheers!!

My Entry for 'Do Not Disturb'

Reply
avatar
Pawan Verma
AUTHOR
December 26, 2013 at 11:40 AM delete

Result of deep thoughts from the Heart of a great writer. Keep it up...

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
December 27, 2013 at 10:41 PM delete

I sort of agree with that :)

Thanks a lot for the comment. I can't tell you how big that comment is for me :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
December 27, 2013 at 10:45 PM delete

Thanks for dropping by :) Thanks for the compliment :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
December 27, 2013 at 10:45 PM delete

Thank you sirji. Will do :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
December 27, 2013 at 10:46 PM delete

Thanks for dropping by. Thank you for the compliment :) I read yours and left a comment there.

Reply
avatar
Canary
AUTHOR
December 29, 2013 at 5:44 PM delete

Kudos to your creativity... a nice slant take!

Reply
avatar
anitaexplorer
AUTHOR
December 30, 2013 at 9:07 AM delete

"It's different" (like Maggi sauce!) Anmol :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
December 31, 2013 at 1:23 AM delete

Thank you for dropping the compliment :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
December 31, 2013 at 1:24 AM delete

Felt sad for him while writing too

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon