.

Nothing's Gonna Change My Love for You


Aman opens the door and hugs Nisha tightly wrapping his arms around her. For some reason, he felt complete in her arms and there was nothing that could substitute the smile on her face after that hug. He could smell her perfume which was enough alone to send him into a trance.

“Will you let me go now?” she asked smiling with faint blushes spreading across her cheeks. “Never in my life.” He replied. “Look what I’ve got you.” he added and pulled her to the other room. It was a life size doll that remarkably looked a lot like Nisha. The straight hair running down just below the shoulder with fringes spreading evenly on its forehead. The big wide eyes that twinkled almost exactly. She even wore the same dress as Nisha was wearing right now.

“Where did you get it? She looks sooooo Meeee!” She almost shouted in excitement and plunged forth to grab the doll adorably. He had anticipated the same reaction from her. “Well of course there is one thing that is missing” he said removing her glasses and placing them on the doll. “Now she is complete. I wonder if I should just propose to her. At least I won’t have to listen to your blabbering all my day.” He grinned sheepishly.

“You are such an Idiot Aman and I love you so much.” She hugged him affectionately. “And I will kill this doll if you do that.” They both laughed.

Aman brought up the cake and lighted the candles. Nisha blew the candles and cut the cake happily.

“Care to dance with me Senorita” he proposed as he put in the CD in his music player. Just the beginning of the song made Nisha nostalgic about the college days. They had performed on the same song and this is what had brought them close to each other. Holding each other’s hands they were now almost shouting the lyrics.

Nothing's gonna change my love for you
You ought to know by now how much I love you
One thing you can be sure of
I'll never ask for more than your love

As they were busy in their own world, Avantika, the mother of Aman was watching him from behind the fiber glass wall. She had tears in her eyes. Of course there was no Nisha. She had died in a car accident seven months back on her birthday while going back her home. Aman was completely broken and the shock left him with a mental ailment. His life had halted to that very day. He had left eating and speaking. Somehow he sprang back to life, when the partially damaged doll was brought to him.

He still thinks that it is Nisha, his Nisha. For some reason, he has started talking and smiling again. But the doctors are still not able to bring him to the realization of reality. But they do have hope and so does his mother.

She wipes her tears and starts walking out. The music slowly becomes faint.

Nothing's gonna change my love for you
You ought to know by now how much I love you
The world may change my whole life through
But nothing's gonna change my love for you


This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.


Insight:
This weekend, BlogAdda asked the writers to write the post incorporating three words - Perfume, Idiot and CD. I just loved the prompt.


Previous
Next Post »

18 comments

Write comments
December 1, 2013 at 7:02 PM delete

That was a sad story.. But very well written twist in the end..

Reply
avatar
Soumya
AUTHOR
December 2, 2013 at 6:14 PM delete

This is an amazing story!! Very well written :)

Reply
avatar
Kalpana Solsi
AUTHOR
December 2, 2013 at 11:16 PM delete

He loves her so much . a sad love story very well-written.

Reply
avatar
Reema D'souza
AUTHOR
December 5, 2013 at 8:07 AM delete

A heart touching story! Well written :)

Reply
avatar
Shruti Modi
AUTHOR
December 5, 2013 at 11:30 AM delete

Dude.. this is one of the best posts by you so far... really well -written.. :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
December 5, 2013 at 1:00 PM delete

Yeah. But I hope he becomes fine soon :)
Thank you :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
December 5, 2013 at 1:01 PM delete

Thanks a lot dear :) That was the purpose and reading your comment I feel I have succeeded :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
December 5, 2013 at 1:02 PM delete

Thank you Shruti :) and thank you for reading each of my posts and comments :)

Reply
avatar
Reema D'souza
AUTHOR
December 5, 2013 at 11:15 PM delete

:-D Btw kindly drop by my blog http://reemadsouza.blogspot.in/ :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
December 6, 2013 at 12:35 PM delete

Just went through two poems and I loved them. Especially I Miss You! :)

Reply
avatar
Ananya Sharma
AUTHOR
December 17, 2013 at 2:22 PM delete

A beautiful tale :) Awesome Anmol

Reply
avatar
Pawan Verma
AUTHOR
June 17, 2014 at 2:49 PM delete

Well Done Anmol! What a story , I m going to write its next part soon. :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
June 20, 2014 at 1:36 AM delete

Thank you sir :) Oh that's great. Waiting for it now :)

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon