.

A Dog Tale

A Dog Tale

I don’t like to wake up early. Usually, I am sleepy head and too lazy to move when my owner wakes me up. I never liked the collar band, it felt like someone was trying to suffocate me. Thus I just stopped all my attempts of denial. It took him a month to understand that I had learnt how to behave. Sometimes I think how humans are an intelligent species when they take so much time in understanding such simple things like this.

Anyhow, I had no choice rather than waking up and going for a walk with him. The best part of the walk comes in the end when I can get a bit cozy on the green grass with fine rays of sunshine falling on my body. I spend almost half an hour daily in the same place while he relaxes.

But this day was different. He was literally drooling over some girl whom I had never seen in past six months. I guessed I will have to stay there longer than usual since he got busy in flirting with her. Oh the basic human instincts disgust me. And then out of nowhere came she. I don’t know how she managed to see through all those white hair locks in front of her face. “Meet Sadie.” I heard the girl say.

“Sadie”, the name was trumpeting in my ears continuously as she fiddled with a dog bone. So cute. This time it was me who was drooling. Oh the basic human instincts were getting on my nerves too. Anyhow, since that day, I love to wake up early and love our morning walks. After all, Sadie is always there walking along side me (yes both of our owners are now officially committed) and maybe she likes me too.


This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.


Insight:
This time, we had to write a short story from an animal's perspective. There was a word limit too i.e. 200-300 words.



Previous
Next Post »

2 comments

Write comments
January 20, 2014 at 11:55 AM delete

Loved the gingerly tale of the unspoken emotions. Read the poignant story of a not so privileged street yapper at http://oops-om.blogspot.in/2014/01/life-of-street-yapper.html

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
January 20, 2014 at 7:24 PM delete

Thank you :)
Read yours. It was quite sad :/

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon