.

Is Love at First Sight Possible?


This is an interesting thing to debate on a global scale I feel. Most of the people do believe that love at first sight is a myth that has been hyped too much by the current generation. I will agree with them to much extent. The entire notion has been well adopted by the teenagers who play with it extensively and often get their sentiments hurt.

The sole reason behind it is considering infatuation as love and tying themselves into a relation that was never meant to work. But is it fine to disregard the entire concept or love at first sight is possible?

Of course, I know some people who were in love the moment they saw each other. I can’t help but quote Hritik Roshan here. He and Sussanne fell in love with each other the moment they saw each other. Their split is a sad story but they actually pulled it off till now quite well. This was talking about just one celebrity. There are so many other examples. So can we omit them just tagging them as the exceptional cases?

It’s quite difficult to fold up the entire concept behind “love at first sight” quoting a few examples. I have a theory of myself. For me, you can’t fall in love with someone just by looking at her or him. If anyhow you strike with something like that, it’s just an attraction. Then if you strike a conversation with the person, get to know about, date and finally find the person as a perfect partner for you; you can say that you are in love.

So in short, things begin with an attraction which can or cannot transform into love. Those who are lucky enough definitely say that they were in love at first sight. For other people including me, we strongly believe that love at first sight is not possible. By no means I am saying that either one them is wrong. The non-believers think practically and the most common answer is that you must know each other before falling in love and that can’t happen at first sight. But we always forget that there are some people who were attracted to each other at the very first sight and soon that was transformed into love.

Thus it is all a matter of perception according to me and no one can bluntly reject or accept the notion for a general mass. Anyhow, that was my opinion and by no means would I have dared to hurt any sentiments. But I would love to know how you feel about the title. Is love at first sight possible?


Previous
Next Post »

7 comments

Write comments
Soumya
AUTHOR
January 17, 2014 at 12:43 PM delete

Love at first sight is possible. Until you take the second look ;)

Reply
avatar
Anita
AUTHOR
January 18, 2014 at 12:15 AM delete

There's a saying & I am quoting out of my memory (too lazy to Google!)-
'Love at 1st sight is easy to understand; it's when 2 people look at one another for years when it's a miracle' :)
I believe in love at 1st sight & also in miracles :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
January 20, 2014 at 7:21 PM delete

May be I will too, when it happens with me :) (miracle I mean) :D

Reply
avatar
Amrita Sabat
AUTHOR
January 28, 2014 at 3:34 PM delete

Gud one. There is a book 'Blink'. It talks about instantaneous decisions we make. Love at first sight falls in there. Yet whether relationships hold for life is another story altogether!
Keep it up! Liked it!

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
February 9, 2014 at 1:12 AM delete

Thank you :) Will read the book sometime in future.

Reply
avatar
Shruti Modi
AUTHOR
February 17, 2014 at 5:01 PM delete

Yea i guess, I am gonna disregard it too, bcs I guess its not true.

I think what Anita commented is true "it's when 2 people look at one another for years when it's a miracle"

so il wait for that miracle ;)

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon