.

Knowledge is Great



Ignorance is the curse of God; knowledge is the wing wherewith we fly to heaven.

Many of you might already know that I quoted the words of the legendary English writer William Shakespeare. For a person who is an avid reader and an aspiring writer, undoubtedly the subject of choice will be to study literature.

I have done my graduation in English Honors and I have read so many plays by William Shakespeare. Although, I read a few including Macbeth and Romeo and Juliet back in my schooldays only; it was during the graduation when I got to read many other great plays by the legend. If I have to name my favorite ones, they will be Julius Caesar, Othello, King Lear, Antony and Cleopatra, Macbeth, Romeo and Juliet and Hamlet.

This is where I became habitual of reading and while I read the modern fictions, I can see an essence of him in so many books. Clearly so many people are inspired from him including me. That is the reason why his plays are picked up by so many producers even at present date to craft a movie. The way he dealt with the characters, especially the Tragic Heroes is phenomenal.

We all know that he began his career in London as an actor and writer. There is no doubt that if given a chance, I would love to study literature in the same nation where the legend began his successful career.

In UK, it has to be the University of Oxford where I would like to pursue my study further in English Literature. The reasons for choosing the university are many. Fore mostly, it is the oldest university in the English speaking world. Then, they offer an extensive and wide ranged study of literature ranging from Anglo-Saxon literature to the literature of 21st century. They concentrate on teaching the students about the literary form and technique and enhancing their ability of placing literary texts in their wider intellectual contexts. What more does an aspiring writer want?

Other than that, I have read about the exceptionally good faculty of the university and have browsed through the internet to know about the wide-ranging facilities they provide including the extensive libraries.

Words without thoughts never to heaven go.

If I could study and specialize in English Literature from the University of Oxford, I will definitely pursue further with research and then incorporate the knowledge into publishing.  


This post is a part of #KnowledgeIsGreat contest by http://knowledgeisgreat.in/.


Previous
Next Post »

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon