.

The Secret Remained


Marrying their love is something everybody yearns for. When I see those crimson cheeks with glowing eyes, I can find my lips curving upside into a faint smile. I know she’s happy and maybe saying happy does not justifies her smile capable of making every heart fall in love with her. That is how she is; that is how she ever was. A girl that is gifted of breathing life into everything she sees or touches. I knew she was perfect for me and she always used to correct me with “We are perfect for each other.” The way she said those words and the way she looked into my eyes after that is the best memory of my life.

She’s happy and she knows I am happy too. I don’t know the guy but the way she tells about him to other people I can imagine the reason behind her happiness. She’s going to marry him today. I was not supposed to be present in her marriage. We haven’t spoken with each other after I broke up with her two years ago. I always had this guilt feeling inside me but seeing her smiling in her gorgeous bridal dress, I can let go of that guilt now. Although, I will make sure she does not notice me. She knows I am happy with my wife. May be, she will forgive me one day. But I am not sure, I will live that long. It hurts like hell. I can’t stop the tears falling down my cheeks. I don’t know if the sad feelings weigh more or the happy ones. All I know is that it breaks my heart to see her with some other guy, the only solace being, the secret remained.

And I am proud of it, proud of my decision.  I don’t have much time left. The cancer can take up my life anytime now. The doctor had said that I will survive for another couple of years. I am glad I survived long enough to see her so happy. My decision was harsh but she would have been stuck up with me, dying me, if I had told her about the truth. I knew she loved me and she would have never understood me if I had asked her to start her life afresh. She would have cringed to me till I left the world. I had to tell her that I was marrying some other girl, dumping her like all the selfish guys do. She had broken down completely but I had to be cruel. I had no choice.

Although I won’t be fair if I say I won’t miss her when I am taking my final breath. But I will be glad as the secret remained and I will know wherever she will be, she will be happy.


This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.


Insight:
Write Over the Weekend theme for this week:
This time we’re aiming at making it more creative! You have to write a post including ‘The only solace being, the secret remained.’



Previous
Next Post »

12 comments

Write comments
vishalbheeroo
AUTHOR
February 22, 2014 at 4:04 PM delete

Anmol! I didn't expect the twist and gosh, she didn't know about his illness. A sensitive story and very well scripted. I didn't expect the end you gave to the story. Brilliant:)

Reply
avatar
Aayushi Jain
AUTHOR
February 23, 2014 at 12:03 AM delete

it's a beautifully written story..and yes indeed sensitive..touched..!!:)!

Reply
avatar
Soumya
AUTHOR
February 23, 2014 at 12:08 AM delete

Oh that was really sad. He turned out to be a real hero! :)

Reply
avatar
Shruti Modi
AUTHOR
February 25, 2014 at 9:09 AM delete

This made me remember.. Kal ho na ho ..

:)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
February 25, 2014 at 10:58 PM delete

Thank you Double A wali Aayushi :D :D

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
February 25, 2014 at 10:59 PM delete

Yes. Sometimes sacrifices are necessary :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
February 25, 2014 at 10:59 PM delete

Ah ya ! Now I know how I got that idea :D

Reply
avatar
Kalpana Solsi
AUTHOR
February 26, 2014 at 12:09 AM delete

Beautiful! the twist was unexpected.

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon