.

A Love for a Lifetime


She was looking gorgeous in the red gown that I had bought her on her previous birthday. It perfectly snuggled up her curves making her look surrealistically beautiful. But it was not just the dress. It was also how she had tied her hair in a partial bun, letting some loose strand flow with the breeze. It was how she sported that radiant smile; how her eyes twinkled as if she was the happiest soul on earth. Partially lit with the moonlight, her face depicted an angelic charm that was hard to miss.

Oh! How much I was tempted to take her in my arms and tell her how beautiful she looked; gently kiss on her forehead and tell her how much she meant to me; brush those tender lips with mine to tell her how much I loved her.

But I could not. A photo frame was all what I was now left with. Every night I would just gaze at this picture of hers and think how god could take her away from me. I would wet my eyes mourning for her absence. It was a reality that was hard to accept for she was my only world. I would eventually fall asleep cuddling that photo frame in my arms hoping to wake up and find out that it was just a horrible dream. But sadly it never came true. 


This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.


Insight:
This time we’re aiming at making it more creative! Your post must contain, ‘ I was tempted’.



Previous
Next Post »

22 comments

Write comments
Pawan Verma
AUTHOR
March 28, 2014 at 4:21 PM delete

:( , heart touching,
expressed brilliantly

Reply
avatar
Soumya
AUTHOR
March 28, 2014 at 4:31 PM delete

Ouch, that hurts!!

Beautiful expression of love :)

Reply
avatar
Ananya Tales
AUTHOR
March 28, 2014 at 11:40 PM delete

Sad.. but well narrated !

Reply
avatar
Pro
AUTHOR
March 30, 2014 at 10:09 AM delete

Sad story, beautifully told! Creative take on the prompt!

Reply
avatar
propelsteps
AUTHOR
March 31, 2014 at 5:57 PM delete

You are one such man, from whom many should know what is love. Join the club, the pain of missing a lost soul bro.

Reply
avatar
March 31, 2014 at 11:28 PM delete

Well written and touching story. Loved the way you have narrated it :)

Reply
avatar
Indrani
AUTHOR
April 1, 2014 at 8:22 AM delete

A sad one, but well told.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
April 1, 2014 at 12:30 PM delete

Thank you for the compliments :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
April 1, 2014 at 12:31 PM delete

Its just a fiction brother.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
April 1, 2014 at 12:32 PM delete

Glad it could reach your heart. Thank you for the compliment :)

Reply
avatar
Heta Gala
AUTHOR
April 1, 2014 at 5:09 PM delete

Awww :-( Heart touching story. I loved the way you described her ;-)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
April 1, 2014 at 10:32 PM delete

Thank you so much. If it could touch your heart then surely I have done my job :)

Reply
avatar
Anita
AUTHOR
April 3, 2014 at 3:48 PM delete

Beautifully expressed, Anmol.
Sad story. Sometimes wish dreams would come true & pics would transform into our loved ones...
Congrats for WOW again :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
April 3, 2014 at 10:49 PM delete

Everybody does that and if your wish comes true, you are surely lucky :)

Thank you :)

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon