.

Malaysia: The Grandiose Asian Paradise

Malaysia The Grandiose Asian Paradise

Malaysia is one of the dream destination for so many people. There are plenty of reasons and the diversity of things that the place offers makes it even more popular. It is a paradise for nature lovers, shopaholics, adventure seekers, tranquil minds, explorers, foodies and even for the cultural ones.

There is literally a never ending list of the places I can mention as my dream experience but since I have to mention just five, here they are:

Langkawi
I guess I share interest with so many other people by choosing Langkawi as the first place (also if I am allowed to visit just one destination) I would like to capture with my naked eyes. Foremost reason is the picturesque beaches that attract most of the tourists to the island. No doubt it is one of the most popular destination of Malaysia, the serene beauty that I have seen through pictures and videos looks beautiful. The natural splendor is something no one can resist of.

I know saying Langkawi is something quite diverse to say. So other than the beaches (Pantai Tengah topping the list), my interest lays in jungle trekking, Telaga Tujuh Waterfalls, Underwater World aquarium and the SkyBridge. Not to mention, the final sequence of the Bollywood movie Don: The Chase Begins Again was filmed on the SkyBridge and it looked amazing.

PS: I know that the SkyBridge is not accessible right now due to undergoing renovations, but it is definitely a dream experience.

Langkawi Island


Tioman Island
Undoubtedly Tioman Island is one of the most beautiful islands in the world. Other than the breathtaking beauty that it offers, it is surrounded by innumerable coral reefs which points out to my second interest in the island i.e. scuba diving. Then, there are the clear waters at Salang which are referred in the legend of the dragon princess associated with the Tioman Island. It is believed that she stopped at the place to seek solace in the crystal-clear waters while flying from China to Singapore. Undoubtedly, anyone can be entrapped by the charms the place has to offer.

I have also heard about Clarias Batu (Tioman Walking Catfish) that can be seen on the rainforest walks and other protected species and endemic species that finds habitat in the beautiful island offering another reason to visit the place.

Tioman Island


Gunung Mulu National Park
First reason to experience the splendid tourist attraction is the incredible caves and karst formations. I have read about The Sarawak Chamber which is the largest cave chamber in the world. It is estimated large enough to hold 40 Boeing 747 aircrafts. Even the thought of it is exhilarating.

Other than the caves, Garden of Eden which is a karst sinkhole and the grandiose peaks – Gunung Mulu and Gunung Api are something I would love to experience. I can’t imagine how walking high above the treetops along with the longest canopy walk of the world will feel like. But man, I would definitely love to try.

Gunung Mulu National Park


Redang
Also known as Pulau Redang or Redang Islnad, it is one of the largest islands off the east coast of Malaysia. The foremost reason is the snorkeling opportunities in the crystal clear blue waters. Of course scuba diving is there as well. From what I have seen in images and exploring numerous sites, Pasir Panjang beach is the one I would definitely visit. Just look at the white sand and blue waters and you will be equally willing as well. What more, we can even find coral and fishes within a few meters from the beach.

It’s a little secret but yes I would love to see the nemo (clown) fishes in abundance. It looked super cute in the movie. Baby sharks, am not so sure about. Other than that, there are many trails for jungle trekking and yes it sounds exciting too.

Pulau Redang


Taman Negara
Popularly known for as ecotourism and adventure destination, I can bet all the adventure seekers will definitely love to visit the place including me. I can also bet that the fore most thing anybody will like to try here is the Canopy Walk. Other than the charm of watching exotic birds through the Canopy Walk, it itself is pretty exciting.

Another thing that can’t be missed is the night safaris. Glowing fungi, the plants that bloom at night, leopard cats and water dragons are something I would love to witness. When I am done exploring the scarce animals and exotic birds, the panoramic views will serve as an icing over the cake.

Taman Negara


Saying that, I am not implementing that I would not like to visit the magnificent Petronas Twin Towers, the vibrant Kuala Lumpur, the lush Cameron Highlands, the gigantic Mount Kinabalu…….

I think I can never end with the list and literally there are so many lovely places to visit in Malaysia. Truly it is a Grandiose Asian Paradise. But since I am more starstruck with the natural beauty, scenic beaches and exotic adventures etcetera, I mentioned the above five places.


I am participating in the MalaysiaJao Blogathon Contest in association with BlogAdda.com.


Previous
Next Post »

5 comments

Write comments
Ananya Sharma
AUTHOR
March 22, 2014 at 12:24 AM delete

Tioman Island sounds awesome to me :D

Reply
avatar
March 25, 2014 at 10:59 AM delete

Tioman Islands sound like a dream come true. Hope you get to Malaysia soon. All the best Anmol :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
March 25, 2014 at 12:42 PM delete

Isn't it :D I wish I could go there :D

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
March 25, 2014 at 12:43 PM delete

That's so sweet of you :)
Thank you so much and I hope the same for you :)

Reply
avatar
Ananya N
AUTHOR
March 25, 2014 at 9:25 PM delete

Nice post.
All the best :)

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon