.

Right Here Right Now - Review

Right Here Right Now by Nikita Singh - Review


Author: Nikita Singh
Publisher: Penguin Books India
Publication Year: 2014
ISBN: 9780143423072
Pages: 225



Right Here Right Now is a story of a seventeen year old girl Kalindi who wakes up in a hospital having no recollection of how she got there. She gets to know that she had been in an accident and her whole memory has been wiped clean due to that.

Kalinidi has lost all the seventeen years of her memories and she begins her life a new while trying to absorb her life through bits and pieces delivered to her through her parents, friends and her boyfriend. But she is having a hard time accepting who she was. Also, no one knows what happened to her.

Will she be able to live a peaceful and happy present and future ignoring her past?


I really really like Nikita Singh’s books (the ones that I have read). I expected a lot from Right Here Right Now after reading the basic plot. Sadly, I am pretty disappointed with the book.

I happily finished the first 100 pages of the book Right Here Right Now as it was again an easy read like it always have been with all the books by Nikita Singh. There is a female lead as always but this time it is not about the college romance or even romance at all. The story is different and it built an interesting premise while I was reading it. Somehow I just feared where it will all lead.

After those hundred pages of Right Here Right Now which I finished in just a single read, it started getting stretchy and it started leading no-where. In fact by the end of it, I feel that the plot was pretty small and things have been elaborated more than necessary.

I was expecting some revelations by the end of it but never got any. The story suddenly shifts to the inner demons of the character and her anger towards a certain revelations which made me hate her character instantly. I agree that it will be extremely difficult for a person in the same situation but somehow I felt this was not my cup of tea.

The good thing about Right Here Right Now is that you can read it up pretty quickly and won’t feel bored. But the bad thing is that there was so much to explore with the concept but it was not. I was literally waiting for the answers which I did not get. Also, the transformations were quick and not impressive like they always are in her books.

Overall, Right Here Right Now is not my cup of tea for sure but that does not mean that it will draft the same impression over you. I really like the author and my review is just my opinion on this book.


Previous
Next Post »

8 comments

Write comments
vishalbheeroo
AUTHOR
April 29, 2014 at 4:28 PM delete

I enjoy reading Nikita Singh's book which I find to be fun. Like your review on the book but her books kinda light hearted and candy floss, one of ma fav genre.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
April 29, 2014 at 11:22 PM delete

I do enjoy her books. :) She is the reason why I started reading Indian authors. If you read this post you will know that I am really a big fan of hers and even have a dream crush on her :D Why do you think I have read the book already when it was released just last week only :p

Yes her books are light hearted and easy reads and even this one is also one of the same. But for some reason, it did not go well with me. You may like it :)

Reply
avatar
Soumya
AUTHOR
April 30, 2014 at 12:30 PM delete

Never heard of her. The synopsis sounds really interesting (it might also be due to your secret crush on her) :P

So not yet sure, if I need to pick up this book!

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
April 30, 2014 at 1:48 PM delete

He He :D

Ohk if you want to pick up her book, pick "If It's Not Forever, It's Not Love"

Reply
avatar
Anita
AUTHOR
May 1, 2014 at 8:38 AM delete

Never read any of her books, Anmol. Now based on your recommendation, can try the one above :)

Reply
avatar
R Miglani
AUTHOR
February 16, 2015 at 11:50 AM delete

This book is caught in plagiarism Charges , Here is the Charge
http://bloggerinterviews.blogspot.com.au/2015/02/nikita-singh-latest-work-is-not-original.html

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
March 20, 2015 at 10:53 PM delete

I know Rahul. I know Ganga for long now. :)

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon