.

The Fault in Our Stars - Review

The Fault in Our Stars Review


Author: John Green
Publisher: Penguin Books
Publication Year: 2013
ISBN: 9780141345659
Pages: 316



The Fault in Our Stars is narrated in the voice of the central character Hazel who is suffering from cancer that has yielded in tumor disallowing her lungs to function properly. The medications have bought her a few years of life but nothing permanent.

Her seemingly dull and routine-based life changes when a guy named Augustus appears at Cancer Kid Support Group. A new journey awaits her as the story of her life is about to be rewritten completely. 


Why I picked up The Fault in Our Stars? A movie adaptation is scheduled for June 2014 release with Shailene Woodley in lead. I am sure that I will watch it and since I prefer to read books before watching the movies, I picked it up. Of course the book has received so many positive reviews as well.

When it comes to romance and foreign authors, I love to read Nicholas Sparks. I really did not know what to expect from The Fault in Our Stars which is written by somebody else. But believe me, just after reading the first chapter, I was so much engrossed in the book and grew so fond of Hazel that I never wanted to put down the book before reading it whole. But since I have other works as well, it was not possible.

The Fault in Our Stars begins with a very easy and funny tones of narration. It goes on so smoothly that you will forget the time. But there awaits a major twist of plot for you that will change the entire scenario. The book will smoothly transform into a heart breaking tragic tale that will definitely make you cry or sob. You just can’t help it. It is so emotional and since the great storytelling will bring the characters to life, you will be able to feel their plight and emotions.

The best thing about The Fault in Our Stars is that it is so easy to read. It doesn’t bore you at any point of time and keeps you glued till the end. And trust me, it is awesome. It will make you smile, it will make you chuckle, it will even make you laugh and at the same time, it will make you sad, it will wet your eyes, it will make you sob.

There are plenty of good lines, plenty of heart-felt situations and plenty of emotions. John Green has done a fabulous job. I would highly recommend The Fault in Our Stars to all the romance readers.

Oh, I wouldn't mind, Hazel Grace. It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you.


Previous
Next Post »

5 comments

Write comments
Anita
AUTHOR
April 11, 2014 at 9:01 AM delete

Looks cool, Anmol.
You have expressed it in your easy style :) Movie should be good!

Reply
avatar
Soumya
AUTHOR
April 11, 2014 at 1:10 PM delete

Aich, the last sentence is fab. Just for that, I might pick up that book :)

Book anyway for me, not the movie.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
April 12, 2014 at 1:45 AM delete

Its a lovely book. You must read :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
April 12, 2014 at 1:46 AM delete

Thank you :)
I do hope so, Shailene Woodley seems perfect for the role :D

Reply
avatar
sachin prabhu
AUTHOR
June 29, 2014 at 4:40 PM delete

honest review :) even i felt same when i read it :)

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon