.

Tum Ko Dekha, To Ye Khayal Aaya

love-letter-for-her
 
Tum ko dekha, to ye khayal aaya
Ke jaise noor utar aya ho zameen par aasman se
Ke jaise is dil ko shayad tha intezaar isi muskurahat ka
Ibadat me agar yakeen tha to shayad isi pal ke liye

Dil dhadakta tha aaj tak zindagi dene ke liye
Aaj dhadkane ruk gayi fir bhi zindagi ko pa liya hai

Tareef me lafz to likh dalun sainkadon
Betahaasha mohabbat ne lafz cheen liye bas iska gham hai

Chahunga tujhe zindagi bhar aisa yakeen tha mujhe khud par
Kambakht sansen sath chod dengi beech me, ye ilm na tha

Khwahish agar koi poori kar de aaj meri
Agle har janam me jeena chahunga sath tere....

I brought the letter close to my heart as tears rolled down my cheeks. He was no more. But he had completed my wish, a stupid wish. When asked for a birthday gift last year, I had stupidly asked him to write something for me in Hindi knowing the fact that he was not comfortable with the language. Of course, he did not do it and I did not mind as it was just a stupid wish. 

Tomorrow is my birthday and he did it this time. He did it before he died in the hospital. I sobbed loudly clutching my arms around his body. "I love you so much", I told him repeatedly as I cried my heart out. 


This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.



Write Over the Weekend theme for this week
This time we’re aiming at making it more creative! Your post must contain the song ‘Tum ko dekha, to ye khayal aaya’



Previous
Next Post »

21 comments

Write comments
April 12, 2014 at 4:51 PM delete

Well written anmol.. kudos to you!!!

Reply
avatar
Anita
AUTHOR
April 13, 2014 at 2:12 PM delete

Wonderfully written. Sad story that had me nearly in tears (had to fight back!)
Such lovely words in the poem. You wrote them?

Reply
avatar
April 13, 2014 at 2:26 PM delete

Lovely write!! Wowww... :)
Shalzzz|Loving Life
Check out my latest at TaleofTwoTomatoes

Reply
avatar
April 13, 2014 at 7:36 PM delete

Very touching!!! Loved it!

~S(t)ri
Smile, it makes (y)our day!

Reply
avatar
April 13, 2014 at 9:23 PM delete

Touching story, beautifully written!

Reply
avatar
Parvathy
AUTHOR
April 13, 2014 at 10:55 PM delete

That was actually wow :) Beautiful.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
April 13, 2014 at 11:55 PM delete

Of course, I wrote them :p Everything on my blog is written by me and if I take someone else's words I will surely mention it :D

If you really felt that emotional, then I am feeling great for I didn't know I could write that good :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
April 13, 2014 at 11:56 PM delete

Thank you Shalzzz :)
I visited your blog. See for my comment :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
April 13, 2014 at 11:56 PM delete

Thank you so much. :)

Love your signature !

Reply
avatar
Kamal Sen
AUTHOR
April 16, 2014 at 10:14 AM delete

There is creative reading as well as creative writing.

Reply
avatar
Shilpa Gupte
AUTHOR
April 17, 2014 at 1:44 PM delete

Very beautiful and touching!

Reply
avatar
April 17, 2014 at 2:19 PM delete

very heart touching post Anmol
U write so well and creatively
http://vanduchoudhary.blogspot.in/

Reply
avatar
Kamal Sen
AUTHOR
April 19, 2014 at 1:42 PM delete

For the good writing, need to be reading creative story.

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon