.

If I was given a chance to be a Superhero

Mind Control Superpower

This prompt has reminded me of my childhood. When I used to watch cartoons (I was not a movie buff back then) or read comics (yeah I had tons of them), thinking about which superpower would I like to gain if given a chance was my favorite muse. Let me tell you that you are reading the post of a die-hard fan of Spider-Man. So, I was always awestruck with the idea of being bitten by a possibly radio-active spider so I could swing like the friendly neighborhood guy. Of course when I gained a bit more sense into my tiny brain, I realized that swinging like the web-slinger is not possible in India. These are some childhood memories. I was not only fascinated by the foreign superheroes Spider-Man, Silver Surfer, Iron-Man, Human-Torch etc. but also by the Raj Comics heroes Nagraj, and Super Commando Dhruva etc.

As I grew some more sense, I developed a fantasy of flying (yeah just like superman). Wouldn’t it be great to fly along with the birds, see the world from top above, and be away from all the noise on surface for some time and travel anywhere in a snap? I even used to dream about the same. It has been the biggest fantasy of my life.

Moving up in the timeline, if I talk about now, I would love to gain mind-control powers. “With great power, comes great responsibility.” I think you all must be familiar with this quote. Your superpower is of no use if you can’t put it up for the welfare of mankind. And if you don’t do that, you’re not a Superhero.

The precious readers who read my blog have always complimented me that they love how I merge social cause through my posts. Although I began this post with a happy-go feel, I can’t refrain myself from typing what I’m typing next.

I read about the crimes, the violence and the inhumane nature of people every day. You can’t just run away from all that stuff. It’s there when you pick up the newspaper, when you browse through internet, when you log into your Facebook account, when you check your WhatsApp messages. You can’t run away from those things at all. No matter how disturbing is all that content, you have to go through it on daily basis. Though, I would pretty much love to avenge all the crimes, won’t I be a part of the animalistic mindset myself then.

I want to gain mind control powers so I can go through the brains of people and undo all the damage that has been done to their mindset so I can bring about a new evolution to the mankind. A race of people who bear the traits of love and compassion instead of hatred. A race of people who do not go blind for technological advancements and finds satisfaction in what they have. A race of people who are not differential to different castes or religion. A race of people who are deprived of the violent tendencies. I would travel the world to shape up the minds of as many people as I can. I would stop the nuclear warfare. I would stop the communal riots. I would devote my life for the cause. I hate the present world and I will give anything to change it so our future generations can live in a better world. A world where love is preached and there is only one god i.e. Humanity.


This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.


Prompt of this Weekend:
This time let’s get you thinking & smiling :) We’ve all dreamed of having super powers :P
If you were given a chance to be a superhero…what power would you want and why?



Previous
Next Post »

22 comments

Write comments
Anita
AUTHOR
May 30, 2014 at 3:23 PM delete

Nice thoughts, Anmol.
Our world needs such superheroes! :)

Reply
avatar
Soumya
AUTHOR
May 30, 2014 at 4:35 PM delete

Interesting! I loved your kind gesture. You already are a super hero for writing this! :)

Reply
avatar
vishalbheeroo
AUTHOR
May 30, 2014 at 9:21 PM delete

I'd love to be a superhero making my foes mad and setting the world right..M a huge Harry Potter and Spider man. Awesome and thrilling write up:)
A WoW and super post.

Reply
avatar
Swathi Shenoy
AUTHOR
May 31, 2014 at 11:24 AM delete

This one is definitely a great post :) I totally agree with Soumya :) U are indeed a super hero for writing this :)

Reply
avatar
Reema D'souza
AUTHOR
June 1, 2014 at 10:10 AM delete

Great post as always Anmol :)

Reply
avatar
cifar shayar
AUTHOR
June 1, 2014 at 6:03 PM delete

I think you are controlling mind even now with your posts,nice read.

Super Power

Reply
avatar
June 1, 2014 at 8:45 PM delete

Very interesting post. :)

Reply
avatar
June 1, 2014 at 9:53 PM delete

That's an interesting power you are aspiring for!
On a serious note, it's dangerous for any human being to have such a power because, if that human being decides to use that power to harm humanity, the results would be disastrous.

Reply
avatar
Partha
AUTHOR
June 1, 2014 at 10:46 PM delete

Dear Anmol Nice post..I have also seen your role model video. That is again awesome. Keep it up. Here is my post on superheros - http://parthasadhukhan.wordpress.com/2014/05/30/being-a-superhero/

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
June 2, 2014 at 12:23 AM delete

Thank you Anita. :)
If only, people start thinking likewise, there won't be a need of a superhero :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
June 2, 2014 at 12:24 AM delete

Thank you Soumya :)
Oh! That remark levitated me off the ground :D

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
June 2, 2014 at 12:25 AM delete

He he. Nothing better than making your foes mad :D
Thank you :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
June 2, 2014 at 12:26 AM delete

Thank you Swathi :)
Soumya's comment elevated me off the ground and now your won't allow me to stay grounded :D
On a serious note, I do wish people's thinking change so there is no need of a superhero practically :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
June 2, 2014 at 12:27 AM delete

Thank you so much Reema :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
June 2, 2014 at 12:27 AM delete

If that is actually happening then am too glad :) Thank you :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
June 2, 2014 at 12:29 AM delete

Then there will also be a super human stopping him from doing that. Good always wins over evil :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
June 2, 2014 at 12:30 AM delete

Thank you Partha :) Thank you for watching the video too :)
I read your post, look for my comment :)

Reply
avatar
preethi
AUTHOR
June 5, 2014 at 1:12 PM delete

A nice take on the prompt. In current times I guess we do need super heroes....and I love your idea :) enjoyed your post. And love superman and spiderman too...:)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
June 10, 2014 at 10:51 PM delete

Thank you so much Preethi :)
Good to see your comment. Every body is a superhero. We all do add to the good of the society by some way or the other. :)

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon