.

My Role Model? A Human Being.

My Role Model - a Human Being

When you are asked about your role model, very naturally your answer is either your mom or your dad. It is true and it cannot be hindered. Our parents have brought us up and it’s because of them who we are. We acknowledge their love, their commitment, their sacrifices and much more deciphering the fact that no one can be a better role model than them. Of course they are. I love my parents and they are my role models. But for this one time, I want to talk about another role model of mine – A Human Being. I can understand your confusion regarding this role model and so I shall begin my post right away.

Human Being: A man, woman, or child of the species Homo sapiens, distinguished from other animals by superior mental development, power of articulate speech, and upright stance.

I was boarded on a bus which was struggling its way in a traffic jam created due to the unresponsive traffic lights. Ahead on the road, I saw a blind man who had no idea how to cross over to the other side. An unresponsive traffic light means no one will stop at any cost even if the result is a massive traffic jam. I saw a lady who rushed to the blind man. She said something in his ear and held his hand. While motioning a palm towards the traffic, she walked him across the road. I was moved, I was inspired.

I was reading a confession on Facebook. There was this girl who was trapped in heavy rainfall while walking back home from her office. She could not find any mode of transport when a car stopped by near her. There was a guy sitting on the driving seat. With all the incidents and crimes in mind, she was reluctant to climb in. But she had no other choice. She climbed in but her fear could be read on her facial expressions. Before powering the ignition, the guy asked her to call her home. She was puzzled at first but found her fingers tapping the touch dialer. “Hello”, she heard her mother’s voice. She did not know what to say. The guy took her phone and said, “Aunty, I am xxxxxxx. Your daughter was standing at xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx. I will be dropping her home in my car: DL xxxxxxx”. Then he gave her phone back to her. She was finally relieved. The guy dropped her home safely and did not even bother to ask for her number. I was moved, I was inspired.

I was just hanging out with my friends when I saw a man peel his banana and throw the peel on the road. The man walking behind him nodded his head in disgust and picked up the peel. He threw it in the dump bin which was lying very close and nearly shouting to use him to be unheard. I was moved, I was inspired.

I was sitting in a restaurant where I noticed an old couple sitting at the other end. The way they were looking at each other and the way they were laughing over something I could not hear moved me. But that was not the only thing. When they got up, I noticed that the guy was on crutches. His wife kept one of his hand on her shoulder and assisted him in walking out. I was moved, I was inspired.

I was told by a cousin of mine, how one of his friend was eyed upon by her male boss. He never let go of any chance of flirting with her even though he knew that she was married. He even tried to lure her with possible promotions. She resigned from the job. I have seen women (I can’t tell you the names or whereabouts) who do not care much about infidelity when it comes to gaining promotions or increments. But there are many girls like HER who do care and many who also takes a step against such people. I was moved, I was inspired.

I can list indefinite different cases where I was inspired, motivated, moved by none other than a normal human being. A Human Being is accepting, balanced, blissful, charitable, courteous, dynamic, easy-going, gentle, good, humble, honest, happy, insightful, professional, quick-witted, self-disciplined, and sensitive. Every such person is a role model for me. If you are arrogant, angry, immoral, greedy, racist, self-centered, sexist, violent etcetera, you shall be disregarded of being called a human being.


I am writing about #MyRoleModel as a part of the activity by Gillette India in association with BlogAdda.com.

Previous
Next Post »

13 comments

Write comments
Shaivi
AUTHOR
May 1, 2014 at 10:32 PM delete

Well said, we meet so many people under so many situations who inspire us to go out of the box.

Reply
avatar
geeta nair
AUTHOR
May 3, 2014 at 4:17 PM delete

So true. Each gem that we happen to cross on the way inspires us in one way or another. Lovely post Anmol.

Reply
avatar
Reema D'souza
AUTHOR
May 4, 2014 at 7:04 PM delete

Superb! Inspiring.. Loved this post.. Good luck with the contest :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
May 5, 2014 at 12:07 AM delete

Thank you Reema for both the compliment and wishes :)

Reply
avatar
suja
AUTHOR
May 5, 2014 at 7:25 AM delete

Outstanding piece of writing!

Reply
avatar
Soumya
AUTHOR
May 5, 2014 at 11:55 AM delete

Inspiring indeed! Its nice that you notice the small instances in life to make them big enough to be your role models. Awesome!

:)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
May 6, 2014 at 11:35 PM delete

Thank you so much Suja :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
May 6, 2014 at 11:35 PM delete

It's always good to hear from you :)
Thank you for the compliment :)

Reply
avatar
May 7, 2014 at 10:36 PM delete

good job. (y) creative writer :)

Reply
avatar
Pawan Verma
AUTHOR
June 4, 2014 at 3:02 PM delete

Only a real human being can notice and get inspired by the acts of humanity. (y)

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon