.

Are You Rich?

Are you Rich?

I’m a person who has not yet run for money and frankly I might never. I just need enough to eat well and stay happy. So, I can never interpret the word Rich with monetary richness. But I don’t discourage people who do nor am I against them. Man was born to have different opinions and everybody has a right to differ.

My interpretation of the word Rich would be the emotional fulfillment. Since I’m an emotional guy, feelings and bonding matter a lot to me. But that is not everything that I’m putting forth when I say emotional fulfillment. That is just a part of it. I would also include the fulfillment of my dreams in it.

At present, yes I’m pretty much rich. I’ve got a supporting family. I’ve got encouraging and true friends. I have a nice social circle. With the help of several platforms, I have gained the liking of many fellow bloggers and I’m thankful to them. So what’s missing? I have dreamt of being an author and that is the sole dream that I have. I’ll be completely rich the day I fulfill that dream. And I surely will, someday in future. 

So, are you rich? Probably you will never be if you keep running for money. Human brain can never feel satisfied with what he has. We are habitual of expecting more and more be it anything in life. So, why not try to cherish what we have and find richness in the things around us.

Now many of you might think that even happiness comes at a price these days. Or probably you’ll say that you need money to eat well, to wear well and even for those never ending bills. Surely you do. But forgetting everything just to earn the green bills will gradually shift you away from inner satisfaction, from society, from your loved ones and from yourself. I have seen people estranging themselves from everything in the horde of earning money? How can you call yourself rich even if you are practically sleeping in a gold mine if the peace, the love and the satisfaction is missing from your life?

So, are you rich? Yes, you are. Everybody is. It’s just the matter of the perspective. It’s how you evaluate things in your life. Try to find solace in small things and try to be happy with what you have. At the very same moment, there are millions of people who are not even blessed with those things that you might be kicking off. And soon, you will find that you are rich, probably the richest of all. 


Previous
Next Post »

6 comments

Write comments
Soumya
AUTHOR
June 5, 2014 at 3:14 PM delete

The definition of rich varies from person to person I guess. I feel rich when I am loved and have a capacity to fulfill my dreams. That's about it.

People who compare themselves with one another in terms of wealth, are the poorest people ever.

Reply
avatar
Reema D'souza
AUTHOR
June 6, 2014 at 8:21 AM delete

Richness is subjective! You are rich if you feel rich. Money comes and goes. But what matters the most is the inner satisfaction that you have. Well put!

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
June 6, 2014 at 1:00 PM delete

I agree. It varies from person to person. I'm glad people do think keeping the monetary wealth aside. :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
June 6, 2014 at 1:01 PM delete

Exactly :)
Thank you Reema :)

Reply
avatar
Anita
AUTHOR
June 17, 2014 at 6:34 PM delete

Great thoughts, Anmol. I agree with you.
Best wishes to fulfill your dream & be very very rich :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
June 17, 2014 at 11:33 PM delete

Thank you so much Anita :) I owe you a party if my dream is fulfilled ;)

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon