.

Can Love Happen Twice? - Review

Can Love Happen Twice Review


Author: Ravinder Singh
Publisher: Penguin Metro Reads
Publication Year: 2011
ISBN: 9780143417231
Pages: 224



Can Love Happen Twice is the sequel of much popular romance novel I Too Had A Love Story. Ravin’s story never ended on the last page of that book.

It’s the Valentine day and the three best friends of Ravin are invited as guests to talk about the story of Ravin and share with the world about the much awaited answer i.e. “What happened to Ravin after the story ended?”

But they have a surprise for the listeners and start reading a handwritten copy of the incomplete second book of Ravin’s.


I Too Had a Love Story is comparable to the Taj Mahal. ‘Can Love Happen Twice?’ comprises of the much awaited answer to the question that has settled in the hearts of the fans of Ravin. He’s the bestselling author of the epic love saga. His story is an endearing tribute to the love of his life. It takes a lot of courage to do what he did. He’s the bestselling author of I Too Had A Love Story. People cried reading his book. He is the bestselling author.

Don’t be confused about the above paragraph. This is what I read in the book for most of the times. Although I don’t deny any of the above fact as his book is definitely a huge hit and he definitely is a paperback king whose books have never stopped publishing and people are always buying him. His story was definitely heart touching. But do we need to be reminded of that every now and then in a book in which are trying to find what happened with him?

Can Love Happen Twice? begins with an interesting premise and I was hooked. But what followed was simply useless to the concept. It’s not a mystery and not a spoiler but Love does happen to him again. But that happens without any conflicts and too soon. Probably I was expecting that to happen at the climax. I was more interested in knowing how he recovered from that particular state of mind and how then conflicting with his inner self if/if not he falls in love. But the story took a usual spiced up turn.

The thing I liked in Can Love Happen Twice? was the few pages before the ending. That was close to reality and is narrated very well. But then comes the end part. I don’t know why so many authors try to find a positive end forcefully.

Overall, Can Love Happen Twice? is definitely not my cup of tea. It was readable with some good things but not as good as I had expected. Again, I’ll say that with my reviews, I don’t want to prove anything. It’s just my opinion. I have attended a meet where Ravinder Singh was the guest. By all means, I like the guy and love what he has achieved in life. So it’s just an opinion on one book by him.
“Love, like life, is so insecure. It moves in our lives and occupies its sweet space in our hearts so easily. But it never guarantees that it will stay there forever. Probably that's why it is so precious.”


Previous
Next Post »

6 comments

Write comments
Ananya Tales
AUTHOR
June 11, 2014 at 2:37 AM delete

heard mixed reviews abt this one !
http://www.ananyatales.com/

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
June 11, 2014 at 1:49 PM delete

Sadly I had heard just positive ones. So had much expectations.

Reply
avatar
Anita
AUTHOR
June 12, 2014 at 9:47 AM delete

The problem with expectations is that we get disappointed :)
It's perfectly fine to share your views, Anmol, if your expectations weren't met. Actually, we all loved the 1st book so much that we expect a lot! Am yet to read this book.

Reply
avatar
Ankita
AUTHOR
June 14, 2014 at 1:31 PM delete

I hated his 'i too had a love story' and found it to be utterly pathetic. Nice review.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
June 14, 2014 at 2:00 PM delete

True :)

Waiting for review on the second one :D The major problem for me was self promotion which was really stupid.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
June 14, 2014 at 2:03 PM delete

I did not hate it but it was not how awesome everybody had told me. Very usual stuff with good pieces towards the climax.

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon