.

I Too Had A Love Story - Review

I Too Had A Love Story - Review


Author: Ravinder Singh
Publisher: Penguin Metro Reads
Publication Year: 2013
ISBN: 9780143418764
Pages: 206



I Too Had A Love Story is a heartfelt tale of Ravin and Khushi who found each other on a matrimonial site and eventually fell in love. Their lives become beautiful as they find true love in each other.

But, life put their love to the ultimate test which leaves Ravin heartbroken. How do you feel when the most precious person of your life, the one you could not live without goes away from you forever?


Don’t be alarmed after reading the plot of I Too Had A Love Story above. It is the basic plot which is also mentioned on the back cover of the book. So rest assured as I did not present you with a spoiler.

Frankly speaking, I am sort of the last one to read this book and I have been told how good it is by innumerable persons around me. So finally, I picked up the book with a lot of expectations. Turning a few pages, I was hooked with the basic story. But honestly, I was not enjoying the narration at all. It felt like I was reading someone’s personal chat. Secondly, it was too much of lovey-dovey. I just could not settle down in peace reading the affectionate words like Shona, Shonimoni and all that repeatedly. It was getting on my nerves. But at the same time, I was liking the basic story. So I kept on reading.

In the first two sections of I Too Had A Love Story, I felt that love was mostly related with the physical appearance rather than the inner beauty. But the moment I reached in the final third section of the book, it started stimulating the emotions in me. It was heartwarming, heart breaking and tear jerking.  Then I understood the hype around the book.

The last fifty some pages of I Too Had A Love Story are simply awesome and will definitely leave you in tears. I loved many instances especially when Khushi comes in Ravin’s dream. I loved the last page of the book too.

Overall, I Too Had A Love Story is a heartbreaking tale and when you read it, you will understand the hype. But I still felt that the first two sections could have been improved vastly. May be a better narration after all? And of course the riddance of the super cheesy instances and those repeated and irritating words would have done the task for me.
Not everyone in this world has the fate to cherish the fullest form of love. some are born ,just to experience the abbreviation of it.


Previous
Next Post »

2 comments

Write comments
Reema D'souza
AUTHOR
June 5, 2014 at 7:23 AM delete

Yeah I too liked the basic story of the book. But the narration isn't so good.

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon