.

My Parents - My Role Model



THEY were happy to see my face
Could not wait to embrace
I was the joy they had always desired
A series of emotions were triggered and fired

THEY held me steady as a rock
Till I learned how to walk
The tensed expressions with every fall
The angry ones as I wrote on wall

THEY bought me toys and games
And the walls were filled with my photo frames
Playing with me or chasing me as I ran
I was simply their perfect fan

THEY sent me to the school to learn
First day was in tears but soon it was fun
I befriended a few girls and boys
Pencil and Rubber were my new toys

THEY bore with all of my tantrums every time
Whether it was the new cartoon, comics, chocolates or soda lime
Encouraging me in all the times of need
And scolding me so the negative elements could not breed

THEY taught me how to solve the complex sums
Even when I was diverted with the musical drums
Taking care of my education till the end
And trying to understand me with every emotional bend

THEY saw me grow up into a teenager guy
Who was not a spoilt one and a little shy
With every little achievement I earned in my stride
They puffed their chest with an evident pride

THEY encouraged me with my every decision
For all good omens, they regarded me as the reason
Supporting me with each of those hard earned dimes
Even when they were the hard times

THEY are my parents, they are my life
I feel so sorry for every single strife
So, without any delay and without any dawdle
I proudly shout that my parents are my prime role model.


We often forget how much sacrifices our parents have made for our upbringing. We often forget the love that they have always showered upon us. In the busy lifestyle that each one of us is living in, don’t forget to take out just a bit of time to spend with them. This is all that they need and this is all they will never demand themselves. But try to understand those emotions and try to grant them the happiness they deserve. They were always there with you whenever you needed them no matter what and now it’s your turn to do the same.

Make your parents a part of your life as this life would have never materialized without them.


I am writing about #MyRoleModel as a part of the activity by Gillette India in association with BlogAdda.com.


Previous
Next Post »

8 comments

Write comments
Vinodini Iyer
AUTHOR
June 23, 2014 at 8:55 AM delete

Parents truly should be our role models for all the things they do for us selflessly.
Loved this poem you've penned with so much affection :)

Reply
avatar
Red Handed
AUTHOR
June 23, 2014 at 11:09 AM delete

Role models indeed. Sometimes how you see them fighting out through all that life throws at them, u realize they are your idols.
This was a lovely one!

Reply
avatar
Pawan Verma
AUTHOR
June 23, 2014 at 5:44 PM delete

Beautifully described the whole journey.. Really appreciable .. :)

Reply
avatar
sachin prabhu
AUTHOR
June 29, 2014 at 4:35 PM delete

really beautiful :) role models indeed :) <3

i blog at http://jrnywithprabhu.blogspot.in/
hope u like it :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
July 2, 2014 at 12:44 AM delete

Thank you so much :)
Yes they are :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
July 2, 2014 at 12:45 AM delete

Thank you for the praise :) I agree with you.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
July 2, 2014 at 12:46 AM delete

Thank you sachin. I will surely visit your blog soon :)

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon