.

Today is the Last Day of My Life?


It is 6 in the morning when my phone starts beeping. I have received a text message. I can’t find any contact number of the sender. As I open it, I see a flash of light on my screen and a message appears on that glow.

“Today is the last day of your life. You shall take your final breath at the midnight.”

The moment I finish reading, the message closes down and the glowing light disappears. The screen is blank and I’m left baffled. I hit the lock key and I hit it again to find that my phone’s battery is dead. I plug in the charger and switch on my phone. I open my inbox to find that I have no message in it. Yeah, my message box is always empty since all the important things happen on WhatsApp now. “Where is that message? Was I dreaming?” I think. A drop of blood comes right through my nose and falls right over the phone's screen. “What the f……” I stand up shocked and run towards the washroom. The drop is followed with a stream that finally stops after a few seconds.

I have no idea what is happening. "Is this really my last day? From where the hell did I receive that unusual message? Why all of a sudden? I was healthy enough to live for many more years last night I slept”, I think without a halt. I rush out of the washroom. “If it is really the last day of my life, what should I do?” I ponder.

I tear off a page from a notepad.
  1. My parents can’t know about it. It will be better that they know it during my final moments. She can’t know about it as well. No, no one should know about it, not my friends, not my relatives, not anyone. I don’t want this final day to be all gloomy.
  2. I’m definitely throwing a party for everybody today. Last time I checked, I had enough of that stupid cash in my account for a small party.
  3. I want everybody to be happy and I want to remember those happy moments as I pass away.
  4. My final moments will be with my loved ones. I’ll probably ask someone to tell a joke to me then. It might make me laugh.

“Is this all I want to do?” I think. But then I realize I don’t have enough time to think it over and over again. Time is a luxury I can’t afford now. “Was this an indication of the God for making me believe in his presence? What a way, I hate you even more now”, I say out aloud.

As I fold that paper, tears trickle down my eyes. “I did not want to leave them alone. Why is this happening to me?” I feel a sudden rush of rage. But the very next moment, I compose myself. “I’m stronger than that”, I keep repeating in my mind.

I open up my blog and start writing a post as a farewell to the few readers I have. Hitting post, I’m satisfied a little. Oh wait! I click a selfie flashing a bright smile and tag it along with my post. That’s the way everybody should remember me. But then again, I'm crying and this time I'm unable to compose myself.

Suddenly, I’m alarmed by the loud guitar and wake up shocked to find my phone ringing. It's her calling. For a moment I’m all lost and I can feel that I’m drenched in sweat.

“F*** F*** F*** F*** F***!” I shout out aloud. “What the hell are you doing?” my mom shouts barging through the door. “Oh nothing! I love you mom”, I say smiling sheepishly as I pick my phone.


This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.


Theme for this Weekend
So, what would you do if you are told that today is the last day of your life? Will you hurriedly attempt to do everything in your bucket list or would you retrospect about life up till now, instead? Your blog post should start with the line, “It is 6 in the morning…”


PS: I really wish nothing like that happens with anyone.


Previous
Next Post »

18 comments

Write comments
Shilpa Gupte
AUTHOR
June 21, 2014 at 9:20 AM delete

Very well written and hope it never happens to anybody...!

Reply
avatar
Aayesha Hakim
AUTHOR
June 21, 2014 at 7:25 PM delete

Wow, Anmol! Well written! :)

Reply
avatar
Soumya
AUTHOR
June 22, 2014 at 5:31 PM delete

This should never happen to anyone.

Loved the use of the prompt!

Reply
avatar
Shruti Modi
AUTHOR
June 23, 2014 at 11:36 AM delete

U bet. it shud never happen to anyone.. well written :)

Reply
avatar
Swathi Shenoy
AUTHOR
June 23, 2014 at 1:24 PM delete

good one anmol :) glad it ended up as a dream :D

http://swathishenoy.blogspot.in/2014/06/last-day-of-life.html

Reply
avatar
Kalpana Solsi
AUTHOR
June 23, 2014 at 2:20 PM delete

Hope this never happens to anyone.............................

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
June 23, 2014 at 8:51 PM delete

Thank you Shilpa. Yes I do hope :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
June 23, 2014 at 8:52 PM delete

Yup really. It's worst than dying I guess (at least for me it is).
Thank you :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
June 23, 2014 at 8:54 PM delete

Yes definitely. It will be quite a lot more scary than I had mentioned. Thank you for appreciation :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
June 23, 2014 at 8:54 PM delete

Thank you Swathi :) Yes but I do think that even such dreams should not occur to anyone :)

Reply
avatar
June 25, 2014 at 2:20 PM delete

Nicely written, but a little short.

Reply
avatar
vishalbheeroo
AUTHOR
June 27, 2014 at 1:27 AM delete

Love ur WoW post Anmol:) Killer line. I want everybody to be happy and I want to remember those happy moments as I pass away.


Follow us: @ar_anmolrawat on Twitter | anmolrawat.official on Facebook

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon