.

When Only Love Remains - Review

When Only Love Remains by Durjoy Datta Book Cover

When Only Love Remains Review

Author: Durjoy Datta
Publisher: Penguin Metro Reads
Publication Year: 2014
ISBN: 9780143422648
Pages: 278



Avanti is a flight attendant who is living her dream. Devrat is a struggling singer who is slowly destroying away his life. Avanti has been his fan ever since she watched his first video when she was only a young teenager. She has obsessed over him for years.

Finally they meet. Their first meeting brings them closer and they wish that there was no end to that night. They are drawn closer and fall for each other. But life can never be so simple can it?


I am a huge fan of Durjoy Datta ever since I have read Till the Last Breath and If It’s Not Forever It’s Not Love. This is the reason why I had pre-ordered When Only Love Remains last month only. I must thank Flipkart here for delivering me the book on the very day of the launch.

Coming back to the review of When Only Love Remains, I am satisfied. Certainly not as much as I was when I finished Till the Last Breath but still pretty much. One thing that I like about Durjoy Datta’s book is that they are so easy to read and so addictive that you just don’t want to stop. I did not have enough time so I ended up reading it from 2:30 to 4:30 in the morning and believe me, I never wanted to keep the book down but I had to.

The story of When Only Love Remains is pretty simple. I have even found people comparing it with Aashiqui 2 although except for the fact that we have a damaged male singer, I could find no major similarity. So leave aside those reviews. The thing is that you will be connected with the characters the moment you read a few chapters. Especially Avanti is pretty bright and adorable as a character. Even I fell in love with her. Once you love the characters, you are practically and emotionally hooked to the story.

In the beginning of When Only Love Remains, Durjoy Datta has carefully planted many of the social issues and he has done it pretty nicely. That was a positive thing for me as they were not forced into the story but included as a part of it.

The book was quite interesting in the beginning which is the ISP of the author. I loved turning the pages to find out more. But then a twist of event occurs and it’s all gloomy. Hey, am not saying that I did not like those gloomy and sad moments which nearly fills one-third of the book but it was a clich├ęd thing for me. I loved how beautifully he has penned throughout that section though. I loved how time progressed and that's where the true love is highlighted.

When Only Love Remains had moments that brought tears to my eyes. I love how he writes those tear jerking portions. They seem so real and so emotional. I literally had to give a break before the last couple of chapters because it was difficult to take so much in a go. I won’t say much about those chapters as I don’t want to spoil it for the readers but I just loved the way the book ended. It was a perfect climax for me.

Overall, When Only Love Remains is highly recommended by me to all those who craves for romance fictions. Durjoy Datta nails it again at the right place. It will make you smile, it will make you laugh and it will make you cry. But most of all, it will brew that romantic feeling that will make you fall in love with your loved ones all over again.

Oh by the way I received a signed copy of When Only Love Remains. I get to flaunt that right.

When Only Love Remains by Durjoy Datta Signed Copy

Some of this actually happened...


Previous
Next Post »

2 comments

Write comments
June 27, 2014 at 9:52 AM delete

You seem to be just as emotional as me... :) I liked the review.. :))

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
July 3, 2014 at 12:18 AM delete

Probably :) Thank you :)

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon