.

An Unexpected Letter

An Unexpected Letter

“Who could that be?” I thought as I opened up the envelope. It was slipped in through the door. I had found no one when I opened the door. The envelope was addressed to me with a prefix of ‘My Dear’. There was a letter neatly folded inside the envelope. “Seriously? Who does that now?” I thought in my mind as I unfolded the letter. I sat down on the sofa and began reading.

This might not be an appropriate time to disturb you dear, but time is crucial for me now as soon, I will cease to exist.

For years, I have been your best friend. I whole heartedly gave you everything and the way you loved me back was worth everything. At that point of moment, if you would have asked me for my life, I would have sacrificed it for your happiness. The relationship that we shared was special for me and even for you till one day when you disappeared from my life completely. It was so random that for a few months, I was worried that you might have been sick. I cried over nights in your wait and hoped that you were fine. But then, a few more months passed. I was alone all this time and craved for your attention. After a couple of years, I realized that you were not coming back for me. It was hard for me but I had to accept the bitter fact. Probably you had found someone new to share everything about yourself and your life.

The day I realized that, I was heartbroken. How could you leave me without a formal goodbye? I was there for you every moment of your life and this is what I received in return? After days of relentless pain in my heart and the endless tears, I finally stood up when I came to know that my death was near.

How are you my dear? Do you have a wife now? Do you have your own kids? I wonder if they are aware of your past relationships. Do they know about the love letters you wrote as scraps and testimonials? Do they know how often you met and the things you did? Does your friend know that you cheated on him and made fun among your other friends in your secret group? I guess not. You buried all your dirty secrets with me, the day you left me. But I know it all. I have kept your secret for so long. We were friends right and that’s what they do. They watch each other’s back and keep secrets. But not anymore. You are the reason for my untimely death. It’s quite painful when you know about your own death in advance. But how would you know. I believe in the fact that revenge is the dish best served cold. As you read this letter and a formal goodbye from my side, your wife is reading a mail from my side that reveals all your hidden secrets that you have kept from her so far.

You could have saved yourself from all this trouble had you not vanished from my life all of a sudden.

Yours “used-to-be” Best Friend
Orkut


This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.

Theme of the Week:
What if Orkut was a person and not a mere social networking site? What would he/she feel about the fact that he/she will cease to exist now. Orkut wants to talk to you, what will it talk?

Also linking the post with The Ultimate Blog Challenge.


Previous
Next Post »

16 comments

Write comments
Viyoma
AUTHOR
July 13, 2014 at 7:42 PM delete

Ouch..that hurts. Orkut taking revenge...thats very strong for a person bidding farewell to all. Very impact-full.instead of we showing sympathy..it is taking a Badla at us..u really think different. Wow.

Reply
avatar
skonrath
AUTHOR
July 13, 2014 at 7:54 PM delete

ohoh..Orkuts revenge....that's a strong goodbye.

Reply
avatar
July 13, 2014 at 8:49 PM delete

It could be very true of any site if you've shared "secrets" on it - some nefarious entity buys the site, all its data, all its members... and then does a little data mining to exploit what it knows.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
July 13, 2014 at 11:56 PM delete

Thank you Viyoma. :)
But I must say that even your prompt was quite different. :D

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
July 13, 2014 at 11:56 PM delete

Yeah I hope such sort of thing does not happen with anybody.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
July 13, 2014 at 11:57 PM delete

I agree with you :) Your social media presence can anytime be exploited !

Reply
avatar
Shruti Modi
AUTHOR
July 14, 2014 at 1:11 PM delete

Wow... u wrote like a pakka revenge wala feeling.. :D

im so gnna miss orkut n the scarps and our DID group.. and the chats n everything related to DID... CRAZNIESS to some it up..

Reply
avatar
blackbeauty
AUTHOR
July 14, 2014 at 5:16 PM delete

I too didn't feel like writing a sweet goodbye... loved your post..

Reply
avatar
Namrota
AUTHOR
July 14, 2014 at 10:21 PM delete

Awww...I really don't want to say good-bye to Orkut. :-/

Lovely post Anmol...very unique ..very creative.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
July 15, 2014 at 12:29 AM delete

Lol Good then :D
Yeah I miss Orkut days :) They were golden days.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
July 15, 2014 at 12:31 AM delete

Thank you :)
I wanted to write a sweet and emotional goodbye at first but then everybody was writing it and if you read Reema's post, she has done it so well already.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
July 15, 2014 at 12:31 AM delete

Yeah me too :)
Thank you so much Namrota :)

Reply
avatar
payal agarwal
AUTHOR
July 16, 2014 at 3:51 PM delete

What hits me is the way this post ends. Yours "used to be " best friend. Nice post.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
July 17, 2014 at 12:24 AM delete

Whatever that can work :) Thank you.

Reply
avatar
vishalbheeroo
AUTHOR
July 18, 2014 at 5:30 PM delete

That's a hell of a letter and what heart pounding end,man. It blew my mind, intelligently crafted. Mr Orkut had his sweet revenge:)

http://vishalbheeroo.wordpress.com/2014/07/12/wow-i-shall-haunt-you-forever/

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon