.

I Still Remember.....

 
I still remember the day we met,
Two different persons with the same mind set;
Although I knew you since the high school,
But never trying to know you in the first place makes me a fool;
Interacting for the first time was just like talking to a fresher,
Believe me I never knew someday you'll become so special...

I still remember our first interaction that started with hi,
And it took no longer to bid goodbye;
Never thought that I'll go well with you,
But contradicting the statement soon it became true;
As the time flew by,
Our conversations became somewhat more than the usual hi;
And as it takes some time for a bird to learn how to fly,
Soon I started hating the frequently earlier-used bye...

I still remember when I started sharing things with you,
And soon the barrier of being strangers between us blew;
Found a true friend in you as passed the time,
And began sharing those secrets with you which earlier were just mine;
Liked to discuss things and know your view,
And trust me asking a girl for her no. for me was very new...

I still remember how your happiness became a reason for my smile,
And the first time when your sadness made my eyes wet for a while;
Don't know how you became my closest friend ever,
Leading my life further without you is the thing I'll think of never...

People say, to find a true friend you must have done a good deed,
I believe to find you I have done many indeed;
Now I feel acquainting you was my worth most try,
Losing your friendship is something which can happen only if I die...


PS: I originally wrote it some three years ago. While managing my files today, I found it in a folder and thought to share. I wrote it for a friend who has continued to share her valued presence in my life all these years and keeps on pushing me to take my writing seriously. So it's a memento for those old days, for her, for us and to my beginning as a noob writer/poet.

Also linking the post with The Ultimate Blog Challenge.



Previous
Next Post »

26 comments

Write comments
Sophie Bowns
AUTHOR
July 15, 2014 at 12:26 AM delete

This is so beautiful. I love your writing style; it's really smooth and flowing!
I write poetry too! :)

Reply
avatar
Romi C
AUTHOR
July 15, 2014 at 12:31 AM delete

Hi. I've come here through Ultimate Blog Challenge.
This poem of yours is beautiful, and it reminds me of someone special to me.

Reply
avatar
Ankita
AUTHOR
July 15, 2014 at 12:56 AM delete

This a very sweet poem and innocence reflects clearly!

Reply
avatar
Namrota
AUTHOR
July 15, 2014 at 9:28 AM delete

Ahaa.. the muse and the beginning :D

Though, um.. I won't say I liked it much...in many places I didn't find the rhythm of a poetry. I know it's your first and I haven't read your recent ones...however, having read your last fiction which was excellent and promised your creative skills, I am commenting on this one...sorry for being blunt here...don't mind...just an opinion.

Reply
avatar
Kokila Gupta
AUTHOR
July 15, 2014 at 11:41 AM delete

Naive`, innocent and sweet :) That's why so beautiful Anmol :)

Reply
avatar
Amita Gulia
AUTHOR
July 15, 2014 at 12:01 PM delete

wow.... That was beautiful..... Thanks for sharing Anmol

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
July 15, 2014 at 12:26 PM delete

Thank you Sophie :) Oh that's so sweet of you :)
That's good, next time do drop a link for the same, would love to read :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
July 15, 2014 at 12:27 PM delete

Thank you Romi :)
I'm glad it does.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
July 15, 2014 at 12:54 PM delete

You said it yourself :) It was one of the first ones and I pretty much suck at poetry even now :p
I don't mind at all :) Instead it's a good thing for me, please continue being blunt in future too ;) Somehow, that is the only way anybody can improve :D
It's just close to my heart and that is the reason I decided to post it :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
July 15, 2014 at 12:54 PM delete

Sweet words :) Thank you so much!

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
July 15, 2014 at 12:55 PM delete

Thank you for the lovely words Amita. :)

Reply
avatar
July 15, 2014 at 1:14 PM delete

So sweet!!! I liked the way words flowing naturally over here. :)

Reply
avatar
Pawan Verma
AUTHOR
July 15, 2014 at 1:35 PM delete

Own story for everyone, U always write crystal truth. (y)

Reply
avatar
Namrota
AUTHOR
July 15, 2014 at 7:00 PM delete

Anything that is close to heart tops every list, so it's special, and knowing that I had tough time to write the above comment. :)

Reply
avatar
Soumya
AUTHOR
July 15, 2014 at 7:01 PM delete

Oh this was mind blowing. Can say, that it came straight from the heart.

Reply
avatar
vishalbheeroo
AUTHOR
July 15, 2014 at 11:55 PM delete

Magical words weaved Anmol and I mind blowing, indeed. It's always awesome to go through old poems and it's a gem:)

http://vishal-newkidontheblock.blogspot.com/2014/07/an-orkut-love-story-chapter-15.html

Reply
avatar
Rekha Dhyani
AUTHOR
July 16, 2014 at 9:52 AM delete

Beautiful ode to that something more than a friendship. :-)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
July 16, 2014 at 6:37 PM delete

Yeah true :) And I did not mind at all so you can relax :p

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
July 16, 2014 at 6:38 PM delete

Thank you Soumya :)
Yeah it did :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
July 16, 2014 at 6:39 PM delete

Thank you for your lovely words buddy :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
July 16, 2014 at 6:40 PM delete

Ah I liked the way you noticed something more than it :p
Thank you :)

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon