.

Skyscanner: The Well-Wishing Genie

Skyscanner Logo

After writing about my dream destinations in Malaysia, I often find myself dreaming. Sometimes, I’m scuba diving in the Tioman Island and sometimes I am mentally lost amidst the picturesque beauty of Langkawi. The reason is simple. The magnificent beauty is unparalleled and so alluring that you simply can’t let go of the thought where you are actually enjoying the serenity and exquisiteness.

Seeking how I yearn to visit the beautiful places in Malaysia, Skyscanner comes to my rescue on a dreamy night. I don’t know who it is but it tells me that it can make all my dreams come true. I ask how and it tells me that it take me to Malaysia and plan an entire trip for me. I marvel at the thought and try to bug it away seeking it as another dream. It hits me on head and then I realize that it is not a dream. I ask what I have to do to make it happen.

Oh boy my dear
Pen down a few lines of poetry without any fear
If I like your lines
I’ll take you with me on the journey so divine


I am left confused by his demand. But I speak.

Oh genie my well wisher
You have put me in a lot of pressure
It’s not that I don’t know how to rhyme
But poetry has already been used by a dear fellow blogger of mine


It raises an eyebrow and my heart sinks.

“Well since I’m in a bright mood today and I can’t see you dreaming and yearning for the same thing forever, I will still take you with me.”

With that, a bright screen appears over Skyscanner and a voice tells me to go ahead. I hit the keypad and search for the flight tickets. I don’t want to waste loads of money on just the flight and thus I search for the economy class. I pick up the start of the next month as the date of departure on a random note with a return ticket of fifth of August. The price sums up to INR 28, 373.

Air Fare from Delhi To Kuala Lumpur

Then next thing is the Hotel Booking. I have heard a lot about Shangri-La hotel in Kuala Lumpur that sums up to a total of INR 32, 218. The next moment, the Skyscanner taps on my head again. You have a budget of INR 1 Lakh and you have just spent about half of it. Let us extend your trip to seventh of August. You can stay 2 nights at your favorite beaches.

Hotel Shangrila 4 Nights Rent

“You can very well use the remaining amount for the car hire and bus fare”

I smile.

“What are the places you will like to visit?” it asks.

“When I wrote about my dream destinations, I did not mention roaming in the streets of Kuala Lumpur and seeing the twin towers. I wanted to maintain a theme of beaches and serenity in my destinations at that time, but I would love to enjoy in Kuala Lumpur as well”, I say.

“That’s fair enough my boy. You can choose whatever you want. No one is judging you right now.”
“The rest of the destinations will be Langkawi, Tioman Island, Gunung Mulu National Park, Redang and Taman Negara right?”

Langkawi Island Malaysia

Tioman Island Malaysia

Gunung Mulu National Park Malaysia

Redang Island Malaysia

Taman Negara Malaysia

“Yes, as I mentioned, I would love to visit these places. Don’t tell me I’m still dreaming!”

“I believe not. Your trip is finalized. Now you may close your eyes and go to sleep. I will meet you in Malaysia now. Remember you lazy guy, you still have to book for car hire.”

“Yeah! Thank you Skyscanner”, I mumble as I fall asleep.


This post is a part of Skyscanner travel wizard activity at BlogAdda.com



Previous
Next Post »

8 comments

Write comments
Anita
AUTHOR
July 3, 2014 at 11:36 PM delete

Great entry, Anmol, with your characteristic style.
I loved your poetry with the link of my post! I feel privileged ;)
Best wishes for the contest.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
July 3, 2014 at 11:56 PM delete

Thank you Anita :)
He He :D Oh that's the reason you loved those lines :p ;)

Thank you for your wishes :)

Reply
avatar
Ankita
AUTHOR
July 4, 2014 at 2:32 PM delete

thats nice, i loved the verses above :)

Reply
avatar
Swathi Shenoy
AUTHOR
July 8, 2014 at 6:21 PM delete

Good one Anmol :) All the best for the contest :) Pics makes me wish I could travel to malaysia too :)

http://swathishenoy.blogspot.in/2014/07/escape-into-fantasy-land.html

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
July 9, 2014 at 1:01 AM delete

Thank you Swathi :)
Best wishes to you too :)

Reply
avatar
a Rat
AUTHOR
July 16, 2014 at 4:53 AM delete

cool post with those inviting pictures. liked your little rhyme. all the best, Anmol :)

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon