.

Day 39: Delhi Book Fair 2014

Anmol Rawat at Delhi Book Fair 2014 Pragati Maidan

Another book fair and I just could not resist going there even though I have so many books to read already. What else can you expect from a bibliophile? You can get a fair idea if I tell you that I did not have my lunch that day I was too busy searching through the books. To top that I did not even have a single drop of water. The feet were aching while returning home and then was the time I felt super thirsty and super hungry for the first time that day.

Of course I did not buy loads of books. I’m sort of a person whom you can leave at a big library and I will be happy to spend my entire day just going through all the titles and reading the blurbs on the back of the covers.

Books I Bought at Delhi Book Fair 2014

Well here are the six books that I bought today:
  1. The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult
  2. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
  3. Kill Alex Cross by James Patterson
  4. Swimsuit by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro
  5. The Gift by Cecelia Ahern
  6. A Place Called Here by Cecilia Ahern

Also, I involuntarily passed through the raj comics stall and it just made me nostalgic. There was a time when my home was filled with raj comics - Nagraj and Super Commando Dhruva were my favorite comic characters. What I won’t give to go back in those days.

Raj Comics Stall at Delhi Book Fair 2014

Overall, I spent some awesome time. But my friend who accompanied me to the book fair (and who is not a reader) will have a different say at that.

Tagging this post with my 100 Happy Days Challenge.

Previous
Next Post »

6 comments

Write comments
August 26, 2014 at 12:07 AM delete

Looks like u had a good time.. Enjoy buddy...

Reply
avatar
August 26, 2014 at 2:25 AM delete

Your blog brought up so many memories. Oh, there is so much I could say about the Kolkata Book Fair. That will be a blog I'll write some day. What I will say now is I loved it! I was alone for the day at a friend's house and I wrote down Kolkata Book Fair on a piece of paper. I walked to a section of town where the taxis were. I showed the paper to the taxi driver. He said no, so I walked to another taxi and he nodded yes!

I had passed the Kolkata Book Fair when we had been driving a few days before and was so excited to go. The first building I visited was the American Booksellers. Being American, this gave me grounding.

Then, I found an Indian publisher booth. The publisher was not there so I took his card. I visited him later in Kolkata, wanting to get my book published in India. After talking with him, he told me to publish on Amazon in India. Well, my book is a #1 Best-seller on Amazon in the US and UK and since then Amazon added my book to Amazon in India as well! I am so happy. I love books, love India and loved the Kolkata Book Fair.

Reply
avatar
August 27, 2014 at 2:35 PM delete

Who wouldn't jump at the chance to go to a book fair. I guess you should wear comfortable shoes and take your own water though. I'm pleased to see you bought quite a few books.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
August 27, 2014 at 10:51 PM delete

Oh that was good to read about. Thank you for sharing your experience here on my blog.

PS: You might have also dropped in the name of your book ;)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
August 27, 2014 at 10:52 PM delete

Yeah probably sports shoes instead of sneakers. Thank you Francene :)

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon