.

He's Not Responsible

He's Not Responsible

They don’t understand how I feel and yet I think that they might be right in their shoes. But should they not think it through my heart and through my emotions.

I trace the bulge of my belly with my fingers affectionately while wincing at the mere thought of it. I did not deserve this but the bastard abandoned me the moment he knew I was pregnant.

They want me to abort this child but how can I punish my baby for something he is not responsible for?


This post has been written for Lillie McFerrin Writes - Five Sentence Fiction.
This week's word: Conflict.
 
Previous
Next Post »

16 comments

Write comments
Shilpa Gupte
AUTHOR
August 28, 2014 at 11:19 PM delete

That was so good, Anmol! :)

Reply
avatar
August 29, 2014 at 1:56 AM delete

She doesn't have to. If only people (society) who endlessly keep talking about love knew what it means. Good one!

Reply
avatar
cifar shayar
AUTHOR
August 30, 2014 at 6:04 PM delete

always a tough decision as a mother

Dilemma

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
August 30, 2014 at 11:20 PM delete

Yeah it is her choice at the end of the day :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
August 30, 2014 at 11:21 PM delete

True. No one should have to go through it :)

Reply
avatar
Shailaja V
AUTHOR
August 31, 2014 at 10:40 PM delete

Truly the worst kind of conflict to be in :( Well rendered.

Reply
avatar
Soumya
AUTHOR
September 8, 2014 at 6:39 PM delete

Woohoo, and a guy wrote this? :D

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
September 8, 2014 at 6:42 PM delete

Agree with you Sailaja. I can only try to feel it and I'm glad if I have rendered it well :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
September 8, 2014 at 6:43 PM delete

Like I said Soumya, I can just try to feel those emotions but can never come close to the conflict and pain that a girl may come across during such a situation :)

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon