.

60 Minutes - Review

60 Minutes Book Review

60 Minutes Book Rating

Author: Upendra Namburi
Publisher: Westland Ltd
Publication Year: 2014
ISBN: 9789384030247
Pages: Paperback, 372 pages



Agastya is the chief marketing officer of one of the biggest FMCG companies. He is all set for a new product launch which will define the most important thing in his career. But things go all wrong when so many other aspects of his life clashes with the launch.

Maithili has been an illicit affair of his life and when Agastya crushed her spirit, she swore to avenge herself. Sailesh is Agastya’s arch rival and their rivalry dates long back. He is keen on launching a similar product against his foe and the company in order to crush their launch.

60 minutes is all Agastya has and so much is at stake - his career, his marriage and his relationships. What will happen? Who will win this war? Who will emerge out as the mastermind? You get to know all that in 60 minutes.


First of all, I would like to say that 60 Minutes is kind of a book I would never had finished if I had not got this book in the review program by BlogAdda. The book is touted as a pacy thriller where all the action unfolds in 60 minutes. But they did not tell you that irrespective of those 60 minutes, there is long and boring stories from the past. So, half of the book takes place in 60 minutes and half of it takes place in a few months.

I did not have a good feeling about 60 Minutes right from the beginning. The story was going nowhere and for some reason, it was not gripping. There were long passages explaining nothing and so few of actual dialogues. As described, it is a corporate drama thriller where you will hardly notice any thrills as you will probably be having a nap after reading a few pages.

The characters in 60 Minutes are clumsy. I could not understand the real intentions and the real face of any character. They are just damaged and have dysfunctional relations. You won’t feel pity for any of them and would not feel like connecting to anybody. The back story is dull and does not create any interest in you. Thus, you find yourself forcing you to read and complete it.

After about half of the book or less, I felt totally enraged at the wrong marketing of the book. How can anybody sell this book saying that it is a fast paced thriller? Even when you reach the climax, you will find out that nothing really happened. It was a plain and simple story that had no moment of surprises and nothing to hold onto.

I simply can’t understand one thing. If you don’t have an elaborate story to explain, why do you fill out 360 pages? If only 60 Minutes would have been half the total number of pages it has, it might actually be a little more interesting and well-paced.

Overall, 60 Minutes is one of the worst book I have read so far. I just needed to finish it anyhow so I could write a review on the same. It is a painful drag when all you will ask for is a nap. If you are not into stocks and all, you will just curse yourself for buying this book as there is abundance of all that stuff which made me feel like banging my head on my desk. The author tried to forcefully pull in some social issues into the book further deteriorating the quality of the book. Nothing seemed streamlined and it was all a hustle that had no impression on me whatsoever.

Where is my bed, I need to sleep.


This review is a part of the biggest Book Review Program for Indian Bloggers. Participate now to get free books!
Previous
Next Post »

6 comments

Write comments
vishalbheeroo
AUTHOR
September 7, 2014 at 3:14 PM delete

hehe! Sometimes, books can be disappointing and boring.

Reply
avatar
Raksha Bhat
AUTHOR
September 7, 2014 at 5:21 PM delete

I managed to finish this book in a day and kind of felt the same, it is everything before 60 minutes as well, and most of the stock talks were beyond my understanding :-)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
September 7, 2014 at 11:23 PM delete

It was both and that too at peak. =(

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
September 7, 2014 at 11:24 PM delete

You should win an award for reading it in a day seriously :p
Agreed I could not understand it as well.

Reply
avatar
Soumya
AUTHOR
September 8, 2014 at 6:38 PM delete

"If only 60 Minutes would have been half the total number of pages it has, it might actually be a little more interesting and well-paced. " I seriously doubt this!

Although I have read worser books, this one sure makes it to the list.

I hope you slept well ;)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
September 8, 2014 at 6:41 PM delete

Lol :D :D
I doubt that too but may be :p

Yeah I did :D

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon