.

Book Bucket Challenge


So many people have taken up this Book Bucket Challenge on social media sites and I really wanted to add it to my blog as well. The topic was raised on IndiSpire by Jyoti and I could not help but feel glad as I had to write this post someday anyhow.

Choosing ten books out of so many you have read can be a challenging task. I had to leave out so many books that I admire to choose these ten that I have mentioned. I hope you enjoy reading my book bucket challenge and you can find some to tag in your to-read list.


The Fault in Our Stars
I am fond of reading romance and this is one of the finest book I have read so far in this genre. John Green has not written a book but a phenomenon that will surely be remembered for years. It is so full of emotions that pierces through your heart and will eventually make you cry. But the best thing is that it is not monotonous. You will laugh and you will smile and you won’t know when all that happiness will transform into tears. There are simply so many lines I would love to quote from the book but let me not ruin your reading experience if you have not read it till now and quote just one.

Oh, I wouldn't mind, Hazel Grace. It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you.

Book Bucket Challenge - The Fault in Our Stars



A Walk to Remember
I still remember the day I finished reading this book. I did not have enough money to buy books back then and used to read them on my phone (although I support authors by buying their books now). This was the first time I had cried reading a book. It just broke my heart and that was the day when I became a fan of Nicholas Sparks. The way he breaks your heart, I think no one else can. This book will definitely find a place in my top 5 books anytime.

Without suffering, there'd be no compassion.

Book Bucket Challenge - A Walk to Remember



The Notebook
Another book of Nicholas Sparks which is extremely close to my heart. I don’t know what else to say about the author so I’ll just speak about the book. I was literally shocked when the climax came. I re read it again and then again and there was this flow of emotions I felt in my body while reading it. “Can a person love his/her partner that much in real life?” This was the only thought I had in my mind. He changed my vision of what love means. Yes, I cried reading the final few pages of the book. I know I’m a guy but I can’t help it.

I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common man with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough..

Book Bucket Challenge - The Notebook



The Da Vinci Code
This is the only book that I have read twice. Let me tell you what happened actually. I rented a dvd of the movie and then I saw it at home. It was Hindi dubbed and I could not understand a thing. I borrowed the book from a friend and I read that. I just fell in love with the concept, the details, the adventure and all the facts that have been enclosed in the book. Dan Brows became one of my favorite author. After a few years. I got my own computer at home and then I watched the movie again (in English this time). I went crazy again and then I picked up the book and read it again. I just love this book and I have grown fond of the cults and symbols along with the secret facts that he unfolds in each of his books.

Men go to far greater lengths to avoid what they fear than to obtain what they desire.

Book Bucket Challenge - The Da Vinci Code



The Wedding
This book is a sequel to The Notebook. There was no reason I would not have picked up the book sooner or later. I felt it to be an easy read and good (just good). It was plain and simple till the surprise element came in and I was left surprised and truly shocked by the creativity and the thoughts of the author. This book actually made me so happy and I felt really glad that I had read it. Like I said earlier as well, this guy knows how to define love and his books make you fall in love.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that you are there, in everything I am, in everything I've ever done, and looking back, I know that I should have told you know much you've always meant to me.

Book Bucket Challenge - The Wedding



Angels and Demons
Another one by Dan Brown (I told you he is one of my favorite author). There is not much difference between the narration and the theme but if you love that, you love the book. But beyond that, there were some really good issues regarding faith and god raised in the book. I just loved them. All the facts that Brown had researched were truly amazing and left me hooked up with it till the end. The climax, the narration, the thrills, the facts, the cults and the secret societies were all worth reading.

Our minds sometimes see what our hearts wish were true.

Book Bucket Challenge - Angels and Demons



The Shining
This is the first Stephen King’s book that I read. Since I read it recently, I can remember things more accurately. This is a horror novel and thus I decided to read it only at nights. The usual timings on which I read was 2 am to 4 am and sometimes I would stretch it further. Let me tell you the reason why I started stretching my time. I sleep on the upper floor of the house and I was alone those days. There are a few places in the book which are truly scary and by that I mean that you will literally be able to feel the creepiness in your heart. Thus I decided to read till I could see the sunshine brightening up the world. If you want to try the horror genre, just pick up this book and start reading at nights. Now I know why people call him a master of horror.

Sometimes human places, create inhuman monsters.

Book Bucket Challenge - The Shining



The One You Cannot Have
The first book mention by me which is from an Indian author. Preeti Shenoy for me is one of the finest authors of India who write on this genre. Every time I pick up her book, I can sense so much reality in them that I start feeling for the characters. This book, as the name suggests is about every body’s life. Most of us have had that one person in our life who we could not have. It can be a crush or it can be a serious relationship that could not materialize. The story is about such two characters who loved each other but could not be together. You would not want to put this book down and I loved each and every part of it especially the way it ended.

Relationships do come with hurt and disappointments. Even the best ones die out and all that remains is the embers that still burn.

Book Bucket Challenge - The One You Cannot Have



Till The Last Breath
Durjoy Datta is a heartthrob among the girls. But even if you are a guy, you will love reading his books just because they are so easy to read and page turners for real. Till the Last Breath is my favorite from the author. This is the only book that I have read in a single go so far. I did not put it down till I had read it complete even when there was no electricity and I was sweating in the summer heat. I loved the theme and I loved how he has narrated the characters. It was really heartwarming and a tear jerker. 

ALS stands for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, but she has replaced that with her own version-Always live strong.

Book Bucket Challenge - Till the Last Breath



The Secret of The Nagas
I salute Amish Tripathi for bringing up something that might not have gone well with so many devotees of Shiva. But he took that risk and offered us something I would say can change your entire vision of faith and religion if you are open to thoughts. I am an atheist and this book was so powerful that it could generate faith in me not for stone idols but something that can be equated and given the status of god. Even being an atheist I loved to read about a god and that is purely because of the thoughts of the author. I won’t say much and I will ask you to please read this trilogy if you are not a bling follower of religion or gods.

It is your karma to fight evil. It doesn't matter if the people that evil is being committed against don't fight back. It doesn't matter if the entire world chooses to look the other way. Always remember this. You don't live with the consequences of other people's karma. You live with the consequences of your own.

Book Bucket Challenge - The Secret of The Nagas



Phew, I am an avid reader now but was not so frequent with reading earlier. Thus, there are so many books that I have not read till now and I’m sure I’ll find some really good books in future that I can add up in my top 10 list. But for now, these are the best 10 books I could think of for the book bucket challenge and I have given the reason why.

Previous
Next Post »

26 comments

Write comments
September 5, 2014 at 9:30 AM delete

Nice to find Indian writings finding a place in the list, that's a humble confession at the last. The more you read, the more you will be interested to read. ;) :)

Reply
avatar
Datta Ghosh
AUTHOR
September 5, 2014 at 10:29 AM delete

I literally have noted them down, I have read Da Vinci Code, The Shiva Trilogy by Amish....why so few? well you will grt the reason in my list. Thanks for the list

Reply
avatar
Ravish Mani
AUTHOR
September 5, 2014 at 11:52 AM delete

Great collection dude... (Y)

Reply
avatar
Soumya
AUTHOR
September 5, 2014 at 4:08 PM delete

It seems like you are a very soft corner for Sparks and his work. I do love to read about romance, but the journey and the characters should be strong. I loved 'A walk to remember' but after that everything I read felt the same. The same characters, different setting and same ending. Maybe someday some book will change my mind.

I just ordered 'The fault in our stars' only because of all the hype around it. I don't know why but I feel that I shall be disappointed with this book. Fingers crossed.

Dan Brown is a master! Although I have read all his books, Digital Fortress and Deception Point are my favorites! The Da Vinci and its corresponding series are good too, but I did not find it very realistic.

Hey, you missed Twilight! :P

Reply
avatar
Anita
AUTHOR
September 5, 2014 at 6:42 PM delete

I have just read 1 book out of your list. Loved the Da Vinci Code :)
I have a lot of reading to do!!! :)

Reply
avatar
September 5, 2014 at 7:49 PM delete

Not a bad list. You must like Brown and Sparks to have multiple books on the list!

Reply
avatar
Dannii Martin
AUTHOR
September 5, 2014 at 8:00 PM delete

I love the Da Vinchi code. One of my favourite books.

Reply
avatar
Judy Yaron
AUTHOR
September 5, 2014 at 8:35 PM delete

Interesting collection, Anmol. Didn't think of you as such a romantic! How cool is that :) Out of the list the only one I have read is The Da Vinci Code when it first came out. Indeed, I was intrigued and fascinated by the plot and the details. Having said that, I don't know if I would have the patience to read it again.

As for the Book Bucket Challenge ... there are so many books I have read and loved over the years, I would probably find it hard to limit my list to 10. I am grateful that my parents got me addicted to the Bobsey Twins series when I was just starting to read on my own.

Thanks for sharing! HUGS <3

Reply
avatar
September 5, 2014 at 8:41 PM delete

Thank you for providing some food for thoughts...I have read four out of them and you have created interest in me for Preeti Shenoy..

Reply
avatar
Dorit Sasson
AUTHOR
September 5, 2014 at 8:43 PM delete

Great list and a challenge I haven't heard of yet.
Dorit Sasson
Giving A Voice to Your Story

Reply
avatar
jchettri
AUTHOR
September 5, 2014 at 11:35 PM delete

Thank you for picking up my topic and sharing your list with us...wonderful books...must say...and you are definitely correct...we all need a break from social issues...got to read a few books from your list...though I am not a hard core romantic...i am sure they make up for a good, light read on a lazy sunday afternoon...

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
September 6, 2014 at 12:36 AM delete

Yeah they should find place in everybody's list. :)
Agreed ;) I want to read all the books in the world (which no body can). But I'll try to read as many as I can in my lifespan. Reading is blissful.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
September 6, 2014 at 12:37 AM delete

Hope you like reading them :)
I read your list and have left my comment there.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
September 6, 2014 at 12:41 AM delete

I agree. They tend to be similar in many ways but I still love them. I was a love sick teenager when I read those and thus I just loved reading them :D :D Probably that's why the soft corner ;)

Oh you did. No you won't be. So far I don't know a single person who was disappointed with the book even after knowing the hype around it. I myself read the book after I heard a lot of great reviews. But even after expecting a lot, I loved it. The lines Green has used will simply remain in your heart forever.

And those are the only two books I have not read so far from Brown :p Will read soon :)

About Twilight, well I did that just to avoid explaining to "why the hell did I like it?" :p People will have nailed me with their questions and sarcastic remarks. :p

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
September 6, 2014 at 12:41 AM delete

I'm sure you will like many from the list :) Just begin with The Fault in Our Stars.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
September 6, 2014 at 12:42 AM delete

Yeah I love them :) Thank you.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
September 6, 2014 at 12:45 AM delete

I am quite romantic ;)
Yeah I just loved it. The re-read was only to recall about Priory of Sions and other facts. He's a master at the genre.

I agree. Though I have so much more to read, even from the books I have read, it was pretty difficult to select just 10. It's a wonderful thing if parents get you addicted to books. There's nothing better than reading a book according to me.

Thank you for dropping by :) Hugs <3

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
September 6, 2014 at 12:46 AM delete

Oh you have read the most among all from my list :D
She's a good author. I'm sure you will like her books - Life is What You Make It, The Secret Wishlist and The One You Cannot Have.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
September 6, 2014 at 12:47 AM delete

It is just to counter the popular Ice Bucket Challenge by bookworms :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
September 6, 2014 at 12:48 AM delete

Thank you for posting the topic. I'm glad I was also among the one who voted for your idea. Yes definitely, they are light read which you can enjoy on those lazy afternoons.

Reply
avatar
Priyashi
AUTHOR
September 7, 2014 at 5:02 AM delete

Oh! I just read 2 out of the list - The Da vinci code and Angels and Demons. Lot more to explore yet....:)

Reply
avatar
Amita Gulia
AUTHOR
September 8, 2014 at 8:05 AM delete

I have read 4 of them:The Notebook, The Da Vinci Code, The Wedding, Angels and Demons
Looks like we have common interest in books,...:)

Nicholas, yes I loved his books until i predicted the story for "The Wedding". So, i have decided to take a break from him...;)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
September 8, 2014 at 6:25 PM delete

I would suggest you go for 'The Shining' if you are into thrillers ;)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
September 8, 2014 at 6:27 PM delete

I never read his books in series, so probably that's why I have liked them all. His writing tends to be similar and that's why you need a break and read some other books before picking up another by him ;)

Yeah actually someone has something in common from my list now :D

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon