.

Letting Her Go

Message in a Bottle drifting to Horizon


For years, we have loved each other whole-heartedly and unconditionally and we were always keen on growing old with each other. Although, I still want to grow old with her, with her memories and with all the moments we had shared but would I be able to live like this; would I be able to live a life she would have wanted me to live if she was still with me?

I know the answer is no and even though I love her so much and my life is incomplete without her, I have decided to let her go after crying every night for three years following her departure from this world.

I throw the bottle as far as I can in the boundless sea, a bottle that contains my final message for her, a message that says that I love her and will always do and just for the sake of that love, I will live and continue with the dreams we had seen together.

It finally relieves me a bit and I let go of the tears that escape my eyes and run down my cheeks as I see the bottle floating and drifting gradually towards the horizon that assures me that someday in some life I will meet her again and then, I will be able to hold her in my arms the whole of my life.



This post has been written for Lillie McFerrin Writes - Five Sentence Fiction.
This week's word: Horizon.


Inspired by ‘Message in a Bottle’ by Nicholas Sparks. 


Previous
Next Post »

36 comments

Write comments
Lexi Gunn
AUTHOR
October 9, 2014 at 2:07 PM delete

Beautiful piece with a lovely message. It is important for the living to let go eventually. This is such a hard thing to do, but what "she" (in your post but will be someone different for others) would really want is for you to live your life and move on. Thanks for sharing.

Reply
avatar
Dannii Martin
AUTHOR
October 9, 2014 at 4:13 PM delete

Very well written. Sometimes it is important to just let go.

Reply
avatar
Pawan Verma
AUTHOR
October 9, 2014 at 4:25 PM delete

After trying your all possible efforts, "letting go" is the best option.
Beautifully written.

Reply
avatar
Sophie Bowns
AUTHOR
October 9, 2014 at 4:29 PM delete

Gosh, this was very beautiful!
*Feeling moved*
:(

Reply
avatar
October 9, 2014 at 5:52 PM delete

I like the idea of throwing a message in a bottle to your love. Who knows where it will end up? Of course, there's a flaw in the logic. You might not be able to hold her in your arms--you might not have any. If you're both in the spirit form, maybe that form of love will fulfill you.

Reply
avatar
AmyG
AUTHOR
October 9, 2014 at 5:56 PM delete

Very compelling story!

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
October 9, 2014 at 6:55 PM delete

Thank you Lexi :)
Yeah I can imagine. Might not even be possible for some people.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
October 9, 2014 at 6:56 PM delete

Thank you Dannii :)
The point is are you willing to or not? :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
October 9, 2014 at 6:56 PM delete

Thank you :)
Probably yes !

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
October 9, 2014 at 6:57 PM delete

Thank you so much Sophie :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
October 9, 2014 at 6:58 PM delete

I like the idea of spirits :)
Thank you for dropping by.

Reply
avatar
October 9, 2014 at 8:43 PM delete

Beautifully written. Sometimes, it's better to let go:)

Reply
avatar
Kiran Acharya
AUTHOR
October 10, 2014 at 1:09 AM delete

Beautifully written. However, difficult it may be, we need to let go.

Reply
avatar
Shilpa Gupte
AUTHOR
October 10, 2014 at 1:44 PM delete

That was a very sweet post, Anmol! I know how tough letting go can be, but there is really nothing else we can do!

Reply
avatar
October 10, 2014 at 7:30 PM delete

Oh my gosh! This was gorgeous! The message in a bottle...I loved that! I'm so glad I got to read this today. :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
October 11, 2014 at 1:14 AM delete

Thank you. Yes, sometimes :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
October 11, 2014 at 1:15 AM delete

Thank you Kiran :)
Sometimes that's the only option :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
October 11, 2014 at 1:15 AM delete

Thank you Shilpa :)
I agree with you :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
October 11, 2014 at 1:16 AM delete

Thank you Valerie :)
And I'm so glad to read your lovely words :)

Reply
avatar
October 11, 2014 at 2:22 AM delete

Well done. You packed so much into those few sentences.

Reply
avatar
October 12, 2014 at 5:05 PM delete

Letting go is so very painful - the pain comes from the resistance. But resisting the resistance is a job of work in itself...

Reply
avatar
Shailaja V
AUTHOR
October 12, 2014 at 9:54 PM delete

So hard to let go and you describe the protagonist's pain so well!

Reply
avatar
October 12, 2014 at 10:12 PM delete

lovely and emotional, touching story

Reply
avatar
October 13, 2014 at 5:33 PM delete

A very bittersweet, lovely story so beautifully told.
http://mcguffysreader.blogspot.com/2014/10/horizon.html

Reply
avatar
cifar shayar
AUTHOR
October 14, 2014 at 12:50 PM delete

heart touching and emotional piece ,well written

The Performer

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
November 3, 2014 at 1:24 PM delete

Yeah right :) It's one of the hardest things in life.

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon