.

Love Lasts Forever... - Review

Love Lasts Forever Book Review


Author: Vikrant Khanna
Publisher: Srishti Publishers
Publication Year: 2014
ISBN: 9789382665175
Pages: Paperback, 248 pages



Eighteen year old Ronit falls madly in love with Aisha (love at first sight). He knows he has found his soul mate in her and she is the one he wants to spend the rest of his life with. They get married after seven years and soon after their marriage, he realize it was the biggest mistake of his life.

At present, he has been listening to his Captain’s story of love while their ship is hijacked by the pirates. This happens before the captain could complete his story. Now as they are being tormented by the pirates, all he desires is to hear the reason why the captain loved his ex-wife even though she divorced him.

All this while, we get a deep insight into the lives of Ronit and his wife as well as the Captain and his wife.


Love Lasts Forever started on an interesting premise but soon I lost all my interest in it and was merely turning the pages. The reason was the awkwardness of the instances used. I clearly hated the lead character Ronit right from the beginning as he was a bully. Then, he falls in love with the sister of his batch-mate whom he used to bully. Love happens faster than the speed of light and soon they are making out. Certainly, I did not like how casually things proceeded.

Love Lasts Forever progressed with two different storylines. One was Ronit’s and one was Captain’s. I found my solace in the captain’s story that was a nice one. Suddenly, I felt he was the hero of this book. The moment the pages started expressing what was going on between Ronit and his wife Aisha, I got irritated again. Their fights are totally irrational. Ronit is the worst husband and Aisha is just too demanding. Somehow, I could not connect with their love story at all. It was completely ridiculous. Instead I felt like giving both of them a tight slap.

Upon reading one third of Love Lasts Forever, I guessed the answer that Ronit was looking for in the captain’s story. Sadly, that was it at the end. But I promise, I’m not deducting any star for that because I liked that part even though I knew what was going to happen.

Now, the good thing is that there are some quotes or lines which were pretty good. There were a few things you can easily relate too. The captain’s story was heartwarming and the ISP of the book for me. The final message of the book was appropriate.

I just wish the author had not used so many offensive words everywhere in Love Lasts Forever and had refrained himself from the idea of inserting toothpaste in someone’s ass. Literally that was such a big turn off from the book. Also, I wish the lead’s love story was something the readers could find appealing and could connect to the characters emotionally. What’s the use of a romance fiction where you end up hating the leads and don’t care whatever shit happens in their lives?

Everything is money, I decided those days, the biggest virtue of humans. Love, compassion, affection only follows it. My own wife taught me that, someone whom I thought would be the last person in the world who who’d think that way. But then, I have myself to blame. That happens when you love someone more than life itself…more than yourself, you blur the reality and live in a world of fantasy.

This review is a part of the biggest Book Review Program for Indian Bloggers. Participate now to get free books!
 
Previous
Next Post »

6 comments

Write comments
October 31, 2014 at 2:50 AM delete

Thank God I've not opted for this book through BA..:-P ... your rating and review (an honest one) clearly show that it's not worth reading...

Reply
avatar
Salman R
AUTHOR
November 1, 2014 at 12:07 AM delete

This quote sums up your post brilliantly.

“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”

- Epicurus

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
November 1, 2014 at 1:50 AM delete

It can be read one time on that lazy afternoon when you have nothing else to do. I mean it's not that bad :p The worst that I read upon receiving from BA was hands down '60 minutes'.

Reply
avatar
Ankita
AUTHOR
November 4, 2014 at 11:40 AM delete

i should rather stay away from this teeny-weeny love story (it starts that way) for such books seem more like masala movie scripts :P

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon