.

Missed Opportunity

Missed Opportunity

This story goes back to my institute days some 4 years back. It might appear as a no-big-deal thing but it meant a lot to me back then.

I was studying 3d animation and visual effects and I was an above average student who was appreciated and pushed by the faculties. Once, someone from a big production house had to visit our institute for inspection. Our institute needed at least one representative from each of the batches. So, the manager of the institute visited all the batches himself, talked with the respective faculties and students before he finalized one student from each batch.

I along with two others students were nominated by our faculty when the manager visited us. There was another guy and a girl in my competition now. He looked at me.

Sitting on the chair trying to look sober. Loose denims, bright colored shirt with the front buttons open showing the Spiderman tee inside. The smallest bag you can get kept on my lap. A micro sized notepad in my hand with a flashy ball point pen. Long air trying to hide my face and a thick stubble.

This was me. And I had always thought that this is how the artists look like. I was just trying to blend in according to my mind. On the other hand was a nicely dressed girl almost ready to give a presentation in the Microsoft and a clean shaved, trimmed hair, decent looking guy.

I understand now, why he did not chose me and I had to lose the opportunity. Even though I was better in the work I did, I was not chosen. May be if I had trimmed my hair and shaved my face clean, I would have appeared decent enough to him and he would have at least seen my work before making the decision.

So yes, an opportunity was missed by me. It was important because I could have made an impression that might have worked when I was looking for a job.


This post is a part of #WillYouShave activity at BlogAdda in association with Gillette.

I am accepting the tag of Tina Basu through this post.

I would like to tag the following bloggers for the same:
Rekha Dhyani who blogs at http://rekhadhyani.com/
Uma Maheswari Anandane who blogs at http://www.momscribe.com/
Datta Ghosh who blogs at http://dattaghosh.blogspot.in/
Khushboo who blogs at http://munniofalltrades.blogspot.in/
Indrani Ghose who blogs at http://isharethese.blogspot.in/


PS: Don't forget to mention that you were referred by me me in your post.


Topics for Guys:
  • Missed chances- Stories or instances where you missed out on an opportunity because of a non-shaven face.
  • Luck or Confidence?- Will you leave your fate in the hands of destiny or will you step up and say yes to a well-groomed face to be at your best everyday? #WillYouShave.

Topics for Girls
  • An instance when a stubble came in the way of a man's chance to make a good impression.
  • An instance when a well groomed look ensured that they struck gold on an opportunity given to them.


Previous
Next Post »

2 comments

Write comments
November 27, 2014 at 3:29 PM delete

As usual you are one of the first blogger to post on this. I have tagged you here. Kindly accept my tag and have fun writing!

Someone is Special

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
December 1, 2014 at 12:17 AM delete

Sorry brother but this was my third post and we can't post more. So I won't be able to accept the tag.

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon