.

A Haunting Dream

It was a fun thing to do I had thought. A unique street game was being announced and I along with some other people were quite interested to take part in it. Here is what had to be done. The organizers had created a huge building which was left barren. There was only one entry to the building and that was the exact place from where we, the participants had to enter. Supposedly, there was just one exit from the building and that is what we had to find. The first one to get out was to be given a cash prize.

We all entered inside the building in the evening. The doors were closed as soon as we entered and duly locked. Once inside the building, we acknowledged that there was not even a single ray of light inside the house. No windows, no openings and dimly lit otherwise pitch dark places with the help of lanterns. We were only told that the building was big enough that it might take us the whole day to find the exit. But that was just a glimpse of what laid ahead of us.

We were tired of looking at places and yet unable to find any exit. Time passed and soon it became a nightmare. There was no way to keep the track of the time but we had spent more than a day looking for the exit and now everybody was tired and hungry.

We finally managed to place the opening again. We tried yelling and we tried pushing ourselves to the door but there was no response. We had no idea what was happening. This was supposed to be an entertaining thing but we felt like we were left to starve to death.

Just when we thought it couldn’t get worse, a person found a sliding panel on the floor. It led us to the basement which only resulted in more area to search for. This building was getting infinitely large. Everywhere we went, we felt like we were there for the first time. It worsened when we first heard the growling noise inside the basement. It sent chills down our spine.

Some of us were killed in the basement. I was one of the lucky few who were able to escape the basement. Their screams could be heard even with the closed panel on the floor. This indeed has turned into a living nightmare. There were some unknown, unseen cannibal creature right below us and we all were doomed in the confined building.

We then realized that this was not a part of street games. We were actually being fed to the creatures. We did not know who they were and why was this happening. All we knew was the fact that we all were going to die.

We had checked all parts of the building and everywhere we went, we saw just walls. Sadly we had nothing to break the falls and tear apart our exit. It was then when I realized that if there was an exit to the place, it can only be present in the basement. The creatures had to enter from somewhere. We decided to lure those creatures to the surface and then make a run inside where we will look for the opening. We used blood from our own body (making small cuts in our hands) to lure them out and away from us to another part of the building. We had placed the lanterns in that area and the one with us had been deliberately put off. It was dark and the only thing we felt was a wind that blew against us as those creatures made their way to the other area following the blood trails. We jumped into the basement once they were gone and began searching for the exit.

I had found it, the exit was closed but the wall was freshly built and we kicked the weak wall for as long as we could. We were able to push a few bricks and it let in a few rays of light. I pushed myself through the openings trying to make my way out, trying to fit in through the spaces. The broken bricks and the tiny spaces rubbed against my body scratching it at several places. Before I could push my body out, something grabbed me and pulled me back inside. I screamed.

And then I woke up panting and sweating. If you are reading till now, you must have noticed that the entire story was not narrated in a nice manner. It just shifted from one moment to other with hard cuts. But that is because I did not make it up. I just write the fractions that were there in my mind when I woke up that morning. This is all I remember and I decided not to put in fictional elements to provide a streamlined narration to make it more readable.

But the frightening part is yet to come. When I took bath that morning, I felt soaring burn at certain regions of my body. It was while I was changing that I noticed something that took my breath away. Below I’m sharing the two pictures.

Scratches Inflicted in Dream

Please note that I do not believe in any sort of supernatural things or whatever. But this actually happened with me and I decided to share with all of you. I don’t know it I self-inflicted those scratches on my body in my dream or whatever was the cause. Frankly I don’t want to know. It has never happened with me again and I hope it won’t happen in future as well. But this was certainly terrifying.

It's not that it was the scariest dream I have ever had. Trust me I have had worse dreams. But anything like this happened just once. So far!

Oh and it happened years ago and the reason why I’m writing about today is because I came across the pics today.

Previous
Next Post »

13 comments

Write comments
December 2, 2014 at 5:40 AM delete

Oh Anmol, no doubt you repeated what you saw in your dreams on yourself. The scratches explain that. Phew. Your dream gave me creeps. And for god's sake, stop reading Stephen King lol. That man is set on making this whole world mad. :D :D :D

Reply
avatar
Smitha
AUTHOR
December 2, 2014 at 10:19 AM delete

Oh my!!! You scared me , I hope I dont see such dreams :)

Reply
avatar
Mary Burris
AUTHOR
December 2, 2014 at 2:47 PM delete

I agree with the others Stop reading Stephen King. That's the stuff nightmares are made of.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
December 2, 2014 at 2:50 PM delete

I must be having long nails to do that which I did not have. And the first picture shows my back. I don't know how that was possible but that's the only possible explanation I guess.

Moreover I have read Stephen King only now :p This dates back to some 5 years back.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
December 2, 2014 at 2:50 PM delete

Lol I hope so too because that's really terrifying.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
December 2, 2014 at 2:51 PM delete

I had not read Stephen King back then :D
But now when I have read him, I want to read more :D

Reply
avatar
Sophie Bowns
AUTHOR
December 2, 2014 at 5:35 PM delete

Okay, I'm feeling pretty scared right now!
0_O

Reply
avatar
December 2, 2014 at 9:11 PM delete

I've had similar things happen from dreams. Who knows what it is or how it happens. Dreams like this are the subconscious mind's way of trying to work out our fears that we are harboring. Anyway, I hope you're not having dreams like this anymore!

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
December 5, 2014 at 11:07 PM delete

Sorry Sophie! But I just wanted to share my experience.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
December 5, 2014 at 11:09 PM delete

Oh that's even scarier now since I know things like this has happened with someone else :ngakak
Yes, that explanation fits well. I have scary dreams but nothing like this happened again.

Reply
avatar
December 6, 2014 at 5:03 PM delete

Oh..... That's scary Anmol!!! I understand how you were shocked when you saw the scratches!!!!!!

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
December 9, 2014 at 2:32 AM delete

Yeah it is :ngakak
But eventually I looked past it like it never happened. It's best to forget about such things.

Reply
avatar
Anita
AUTHOR
December 16, 2014 at 6:22 PM delete

We have no explanation for much of what's happening in the world, Anmol.
Scary dream! May no one get to be in such situations...
Be careful. Take care.
Be blessed :)

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon