.

New Year - Fresh Start

New Year - Fresh Start

IndiSpire #42: 10 things you want to dump this year and start fresh next year !...

The year is about to end and the first thing that comes to mind while approaching the New Year is the resolutions that you make for the next year. Of course, a new year also means that you can dump behind a few things that you think are acting as a barrier in leading an improved or good quality of life.

People make several promises to themselves every beginning of a new year and yet most of them are not accomplished. Well, I do come under the category of people only. This is because it is difficult to act upon something that you think. It always has been. But still, if you are able to come up with even 10 percent of those promises, you are actually moving somewhat forward. So what’s the harm?

Following are the 10 things that I want to dump this year and begin afresh the coming year. I don’t know how many of them will I be able to dump actually but yes I will try because in some way or the other, all these 10 things are probably not good for me and my life.

Hyperactive Fission of Thoughts
I think too much. Way too much. I can’t remember even a couple of minutes in the past few years when my mind was as serene as the still sea. The thoughts are not particularly positive or negative, waste of time or productive and whatsoever. The issue is that they are always there and that’s not a good thing. So, I want to try and give some peace to my mind.

Bloodsucking Pessimism
I have written a story. People won’t like it.
I should apply in this company. I won’t be able to come up with their requirements.
I might excel if I do that. No it won’t work.
I should tell her about my feelings. She will stop talking to me.

I want to stop. I want to banish this negativity inside me. I want to look at the positivity of things.

Not Kick-Starting My Book
I’m done. The next year, I’m definitely coming up with a concept and I am kick-starting my first book. Now, this can be really difficult but I’ll make sure I start writing and probably if possible finish off as well. This is high time. I must start now instead of worrying about how it will come up to be.

Nuclear Blast of Emotions
No! There’s no need of over-emotional guys in this world. I should start taking things more casually and easy. So far, it has only proven fatal and I must give up if I have to survive with this generation. No room for emotional fools.

Over the Top Caring for People like I’m the Hero of a Movie
Most of them don’t deserve it. I have learnt that. All I need now is to overcome this bad habit of mine. At the end of the day, people forget what you have done for them. It’s not that I want something in return, but at least look back at me, say hi and ask me how I’m doing when notice me standing close to you. At least, don’t show me a face that I never existed. At least think about me before you move over me all of a sudden.

Attaching Myself with Every Other Person like they don’t have Anyone Else
Once you are my friend, all your worries are mine. No, you don’t need to be my girlfriend for me to behave like that nor you need to be my best friend. I simply would love to help you in any confusion you have and any matter you want to discuss. This point is actually separated from the previous one by a thin line. It is actually this point that leads to the above in some time period.

Two-Faced Persona unlike Harvey Dent
Not the happy-go-lucky-from-outside-and-cunning-inside kind of.  I’m talking about showing a happy and content face to others even when on the inside, I’m ripped open. You might never know till I reveal to you that I’m actually dying. I don’t know the reason behind this temperament. It’s simply how I am. People often think that I’m one of those happiest guys who enjoys his life to full extent. Well, I’m not.

Researching Everything till I Fall Down
You can mostly limit it to the technology but I often include other things too. Don’t know why I feel that I should be having knowledge about everything and thus I keep reading about all sort of things. It’s a cloud 9 felling if you ask me and I know about it. It’s sickening when I don’t and it initiates a brief research which can expand to a detailed one if it interests me.

Bursting Anger (Hulk Smash)
Well frankly and truthfully, I can absorb all of it in most of the situations. But sometimes, I can’t control. No, I haven’t killed anyone nor do I intend to. It just burns inside me and occasionally finds its way out through my words in extreme situations. But that’s very rare. Usually, I don’t take it out but even then, it’s not good for me.

Dreaming
Dreams hurt. At least in my case. I know it’s essential for a writer to dream. Dreams open up a whole new possibilities to explore. But I want to stay away from dreams especially for some time. I’m broken and dreams are the cause. I should try to live in a real world. Life is not a fairy tale especially when someone points it out for you.


I don’t know if I can dump all these things outside my imaginary world but sure as hell, I’m going to try. Like I said, if I can even dump a little percentage, it will lead to a better and happier life. So, all the best to me and all the wishes to you for your resolutions.
Previous
Next Post »

16 comments

Write comments
Sonal Jagetia
AUTHOR
December 9, 2014 at 9:41 AM delete

Wishing u all the very best!

Reply
avatar
Ankita
AUTHOR
December 9, 2014 at 11:35 AM delete

that a longggg but a nice list! most people do not deserve sympathy and help and I have learnt this the hard way :(

I agree on many points! all the best :)

Reply
avatar
December 9, 2014 at 12:31 PM delete

Anmol, believe it or not you are not alone with your points. I actually share quite a number of the same as you do! I think it is a combination of being an HSP (highly sensitive person), diagnosed as ADD or ADHD (attention deficity hyperactivity disorder), an indigo ('rebel') who hates injustice and unfairness and who knows what else! I know that meditation if you can do that - even a walking or dancing meditation - yes! - can help. For me, a form of energy healing has helped calm my mind down a lot though I need to revisit it from time to time. Hope that helps...and remember, you are not alone! :) <3

Reply
avatar
December 9, 2014 at 4:18 PM delete

Some of the situations you describe are alarming, and would make good novel plots. You have the mind of a writer, so the best thing you can do is to focus on doing that and some of your wild imaginings will dissipate. I meditate every morning and reach that calm, still place that centers me for the day. Give it a try.

Reply
avatar
vishalbheeroo
AUTHOR
December 9, 2014 at 6:14 PM delete

Anmol! You have coming from A to Z, myriad, negative, unwanted thoughts to being the hero and what's not. Yeah! My book is also pending and been very lazy. Wish you awesome things in 2015:)

Reply
avatar
Janice Wald
AUTHOR
December 9, 2014 at 8:27 PM delete

#ultra blog It's true that people don't keep New Years Resolutions, but all we can do is try again in the New Year. To err is human...

Reply
avatar
Jeffrey Scott
AUTHOR
December 9, 2014 at 9:31 PM delete

I think many of these I could do without as well. Great thoughts and insight.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
December 11, 2014 at 12:02 AM delete

I too have learnt it the hard way :/

Thank you for the wishes :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
December 11, 2014 at 12:05 AM delete

How good I felt reading your words :)
Thank you for the direction. I will try that. Good to know that I'm not the only one :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
December 11, 2014 at 12:05 AM delete

Oh well that's a good idea. Thank you Francene!
I will try that :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
December 11, 2014 at 12:06 AM delete

Wishing the same to you Vishal and thank you :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
December 11, 2014 at 12:07 AM delete

Exactly :) And like I said, while you try, you can actually progress somewhat which is much better than not making and not trying :)

Reply
avatar
Kokila Gupta
AUTHOR
December 11, 2014 at 10:22 AM delete

Such a long and alarming list Anmol... the list itself shows what a creative talent ka bhandar guy you are .. so please don't let the negativity and too much thinking affect you... this thinking-thinking-thinking churns the mind literally into what ppl call - dimag ka dahi banana ... :) Guess you are not finding it funny .. hey man... let go ... the worries of the world and concentrate on action that is - WRITING.
I wish you sincerest Best for the new year and the life ahead Anmol... wish by the year end I'll be reviewing your book :)
no matter if I'll write ( due to jealousy) - "the budding writer lacked here.. there... there here again and there too !"
but its better to be written about then writing for others. Trust me :)

Reply
avatar
Anita
AUTHOR
December 16, 2014 at 6:14 PM delete

Nice list. Best wishes, Anmol :)
May you do all this & more.
You deserve the best!
Advance New Year wishes :)

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon