.

Telling the Truth was the Right Thing to Do

always-tell-the-truth-then-you-dont-have-to-remember-anything

Schooldays! The best time period of everybody’s life. Even I have some sweet memories of those golden days and each time I’m frustrated, I want to go back to those days where the only pressure was to study curriculum and get good marks. Life becomes too much complicated and strenuous once you step out of school. This happened when I was in seventh standard.

The teacher who used to teach us science had to take a leave of a month and we were substituted with another teacher. Now, two teachers can have extremely contrasting natures and that is exactly what we were exposed to.

On the very first day, we were asked to learn the chemical formulas of certain compounds. Obviously I including the majority of class did not even glanced at the formulas. The previous teacher was lenient and learning something meant we have the time till the next unit test. But the moment the new teacher entered the class on the next day, she started asking everybody turn wise.

I even remember what was asked. The very first compound that was asked was calcium carbonate. The first two rows could not answer and the first person to answer that was a girl in the third row. CaCo3; I will never ever forget that. Just two compounds and all students except two were standing. Clearly, nobody had studied.

Diaries were opened and remarks were given by the teacher which were supposed to be signed by the parents. Also, we had to write all the compounds mentioned in the book 20 times. Three tables with 20 compounds each. The writing was still quite easy compared to getting the diary signed by parents.

Let me tell you that I was a brilliant student at that time (I even topped my class in seventh standard with just two marks more than the girl who answered CaCo3). Thus I was also feared my parents wrath (although they were never that angry on me).

I decided to sign the diary myself and I did that upon reaching in school the next day. But that accompanied me to guilt. This was the first time I had done it and I did not feel great about it at all. What if the teacher found out that they were fake? The mere thought sparked a neww fear inside me. Luckily, the teacher was absent that day and this gave me more time to feel the guilt but only for the good.

I told my mother about the same upon reaching home. She did not scold me as I would have thought. She just told me not to do that again. I felt like a burden had been lifted off my chest. The relief spread across my soul. I was pretty confident when I reached school the next day.

You won’t believe what happened that day. The teacher called everybody’s parents personally to check if they had signed it themselves. So many students had done it themselves and were caught. My mother had confirmed that she had signed it herself. I was relieved when I was not among the ones whose parents were called for the PTM. I can’t imagine how my parents must have reacted if I had not told them the truth myself.

Telling the truth was the right thing to do I felt and clearly it was.





This post has been written for Happy Hours @ Indiblogger in association with Kinley 2014 TVC.

Previous
Next Post »

4 comments

Write comments
Tamala
AUTHOR
December 29, 2014 at 1:31 PM delete

It is always great to tell the truth.. I think it is a great sign of character. Awesome story!

Reply
avatar
December 29, 2014 at 4:07 PM delete

Good lesson. I always tell the truth, and don't even exaggerate. Of course, there are borderline cases, like posting an old photo of yourself on social media, which I blogged about today.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
January 15, 2015 at 2:25 PM delete

Thank you Tamala. I second you :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
January 15, 2015 at 2:26 PM delete

That's a good practice :)
He he, we can always make some exceptions; we are humans ;)

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon