.

The Last Adieu

The Last Adieu

The Girl
He embraces me for the last time,
And then he will be gone;
Away from me as I watch him,
Trying to smile while on the inside I mourn.

He looks into my eyes,
Places his lips on mine for one last kiss;
That’s when I melt down into tears,
Savoring those last moments of bliss.

He promises he will return soon,
And shower me with love endlessly;
Then he parts with me,
And I watch him go breathlessly.

I will wait for him,
Missing him every day and night;
But I know it will be worth,
As the distance will only allow the passion to ignite.



The Boy
I’m bored, I’m tired;
She still thinks I’m going because I was hired.

The truth is that I’ve had enough;
When I kissed her, it was my last bluff.

I will never return and will seek someone new;
She does not realize but it was the last adieu.


Written for Magpie Tales: Mag 250.

Previous
Next Post »

14 comments

Write comments
Shilpa Gupte
AUTHOR
December 17, 2014 at 7:40 PM delete

AWESOME!!!!!
I feel so bad for the girl! But, fantastic idea, Anmol!

Reply
avatar
Madhavi
AUTHOR
December 18, 2014 at 1:12 PM delete

Poor girl!!!
She will get a better guy soon!!

Reply
avatar
December 18, 2014 at 10:19 PM delete

Hi Anmol :)

Great post! I know this picture :)

Reply
avatar
Amar
AUTHOR
December 18, 2014 at 10:40 PM delete

nicely expressed. love the accompanying pic :)

Reply
avatar
Barbara
AUTHOR
December 18, 2014 at 11:35 PM delete

Aw, so sad. You have captured the two different perspectives well.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
December 20, 2014 at 1:03 AM delete

Thank you Barbara :) I've done my job if readers can fell that :)

Reply
avatar
December 20, 2014 at 1:14 AM delete

Reality :) and then you guys blame women all the time ;)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
December 20, 2014 at 1:20 AM delete

Well! At the same time, at some other place, the roles are reversed so don't play the blame game :p

Reply
avatar
Sun Bloom
AUTHOR
December 23, 2014 at 11:57 AM delete

The Boy
I’m bored, I’m tired;

In that case, every relationship comes with an expiry date. Hope the guy realizes it as he jumps from one to another.

Nice take.

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon