.

The True Love

The True Love

A waterfall on the backdrop and the moonlight glimmering on the grass, I was standing on bed of rose petals while he sat on a knee in front of me holding the ring out for me.

We had known each other for five years now and there was not a single thing I had hated about him but this was unexpected, unbelievable and magical. I had never thought I would fall in love again but then, love embraces you when you’re expecting it the least and I fell in love at that very moment.

“Yes,” I said and noticed his face lit up with an ear to ear smile as he slid the ring on my finger; his eyes speaking for the endless love he had for me. He held me close in his arms and told me he had loved me from the moment he had seen me and yet waited for me to recover from my past while I simply closed my eyes realizing that this was the true love I had always been looking for. 


This post has been written for Lillie McFerrin Writes - Five Sentence Fiction.
This week's word: Glimmer.

Previous
Next Post »

12 comments

Write comments
Anita
AUTHOR
December 21, 2014 at 7:55 PM delete

Wonderful Anmol.
Nice & romantic with a sweet happy ending!

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
December 22, 2014 at 2:27 PM delete

Thank you Anita :)
For a change right? ;)

Reply
avatar
December 22, 2014 at 3:21 PM delete

The whole story, backstory included, is contained in these few sentences. Very well done.

Reply
avatar
Shilpa Gupte
AUTHOR
December 22, 2014 at 4:02 PM delete

Wow! How lovely! But, knowing your penchant for shocking people by the climax, I kept hoping nothing came in the way of these two lovers! :-)

Reply
avatar
December 22, 2014 at 6:34 PM delete

Sweet post! I love that it made me stop and think back to that sweet day in my own life :)

Reply
avatar
Pawan Verma
AUTHOR
December 26, 2014 at 12:10 PM delete

Well Written Anmol, as usual.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
December 27, 2014 at 2:27 PM delete

So I surprised you then! Right? ;)
Thank you for your lovely comment :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
December 27, 2014 at 2:28 PM delete

That's great Kristen. I am glad I could do that with my words :) Thank you.

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon