.

Little things that matter

Life is unpredictable. It is a roller coaster ride and unlike the quote in The Fault in Our Stars, not everybody have the privilege of saying that the roller coaster goes only up. The twists and turns are what surprise you when you are least expecting it. To top that, the day-to-day schedule is hectic and the daily wear and tear of your brain is gigantically unpleasant. What we yearn for is happiness and contentment. However, most of the times, it just becomes a dream and something impossible. 

Nevertheless, does that mean that happiness is just a myth in present day world? I do not think so. We are often left without happiness because we are expecting too much and missing the little moments that can bring a smile on our faces because we fail to acknowledge them. For me, happiness exist only in those little moments and trust me when I say that it is enough to pull you through your lives. 

I find happiness in as simple things as the pouring clouds on a breezy weather. I turn up my speakers with some of my favorite songs and I just drench myself singing along on my terrace. Maybe even for half an hour, but that is happiness. 

Are you a reader? If you are, then you can understand that a reader can even find happiness in the characters of the book he is reading. Sometimes, you come across some beautiful books and fall in love with a character. You can even find yourself smiling with them and laughing with them. 

Happiness is also hanging out with friends. If you are having a job, you will understand the importance. When you meet them after a hectic week, it is just blissful. You share, you talk, and you pull each other’s legs. It just refreshes you for the week ahead. How about calling a friend with whom you have not talked for long. Is sure makes you both happy and brings back many memories. 

Spending some time with family or cousins is another idea of happiness for me. You do not have to go out. Just stay at home and interact. Watch a movie maybe? Happiness is also when my mom makes chole bhature and I keep eating no matter how full I am. 

That reminds me of food. Yeah, a cheese burst pizza or a giant sub, an extra cheeseburger and the Chinese food can definitely make me happy. 

In short, happiness does not need a big reason. I have not even talked about bigger things in life - falling in love, achieving your dreams, seeing your child walk the first step. Those things surely can make anyone happy but they are the bigger things and they come around taking their time. But that should not stop you from smiling every day for the little things happening in your life. 
Previous
Next Post »

6 comments

Write comments
vishalbheeroo
AUTHOR
March 23, 2015 at 10:19 PM delete

We don't need big reasons to be happy and a small thing can make us happy:)
Cheerz

Reply
avatar
Bethany M.
AUTHOR
March 23, 2015 at 11:42 PM delete

It truly is the little things, isn't it? A cup of creamy coffee, a gorgeous sunset, a note from a friend...a good reminder for today. Thanks!

Reply
avatar
Barbara
AUTHOR
March 24, 2015 at 12:07 AM delete

This reminds me of the song entitled "Happy". Did you ever hear it? Good thoughts and happy memories bring joy to each day. I think I will go give an old friend a call. Have a happy day.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
April 1, 2015 at 11:51 PM delete

Yes buddy :) That's the beautiful part of happiness. Only a little is enough.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
April 1, 2015 at 11:53 PM delete

Absolutely :) If your learn to smile on those moments and forget the rest, you will start enjoying your life.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
April 1, 2015 at 11:54 PM delete

No but I'm heading to it right now. :)
Thank you Barbara.

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon