.

B: Blue

 B: Blue - A to Z Challenge

I woke up early today. He had to reach office an hour early. I made him breakfast - scrambled eggs and a glass of milk; the way he liked it. He smiled with the mere look of it and inhaled the aroma. I passed him a faint smile and climbed up to my daughter’s room.

This, I felt was the most beautiful part of my life. Those drowsy eyes looked so cute on my angel’s face. The way she kissed me after waking up every morning gave me everything I needed. I packed her tiffin as she took a shower and then dressed her.

When I brought her downstairs, he folded the newspaper back, and lifted her in his arms. “Bye mamma,” she said as they walked outside the door. I waved my hand with a gleeful smile. I closed the door and walked to my room.

The moment I walked inside the bathroom, my phone rang. It was my college friend, the one with whom I had not talked for a couple of months now. No reason and no differences. Sometimes you forget about things.

I picked up the phone and tried to sound excited. However, she was my best friend. “You sound like you’re feeling blue,” she said. “I’m not feeling well today. Can we talk later?” I replied. Of course, she agreed and I put back my phone.

I went inside the bathroom and sat in front of the life size mirror. Mirror that was my acolyte these days. My right eye was still swollen after the brutal slaps I had been subjected to by him last night. My face literally looked blue. Tears escaped my eyes looking at my fate in the mirror. The fate that had become my destiny just because my parents had married me to this man. The man who was a devil whenever he came home drunk. And he did that a lot.

“I will move out of this hell hole with my daughter one day,” I determined, “even if my parents have denied their support.”


Linking this post with A to Z Challenge.

Previous
Next Post »

32 comments

Write comments
April 2, 2015 at 10:52 PM delete

Such a sad situation. Why do women need to be subjected to a man's abuse?

Reply
avatar
Aathira
AUTHOR
April 2, 2015 at 11:06 PM delete

I hate the husband! I really wish she would get the courage to move out of a marriage that's so damaging.

Reply
avatar
DianeK
AUTHOR
April 3, 2015 at 12:52 AM delete

I cannot imagine living such a life! I have helped several friends escape abuse over the years; some sadly returned to it, others managed to find change. Either way is very difficult.

Reply
avatar
Patrick Stahl
AUTHOR
April 3, 2015 at 7:34 AM delete

Good lens on an all-too-common horror. Happy A to Z-ing!

Reply
avatar
April 3, 2015 at 9:24 AM delete

So many such women out there braving brutality! I hope she gets out of this hell soon.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
April 3, 2015 at 10:37 AM delete

I guess some foolish men do it to claim the power throne. They simply don't know that this heinous deed is putting them in the front row of cowards.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
April 3, 2015 at 10:38 AM delete

I feel the same for the women who are suppressing the issue. There's no use of carrying such a relation.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
April 3, 2015 at 10:39 AM delete

That's good to hear Diane. At least you managed to save some :) The women who are subjected to violence also need to pull up their socks and fight against it. It is difficult but it is better than facing it.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
April 3, 2015 at 10:41 AM delete

Yeah. I just wish that women start taking stand for themselves and fight against it. I know it can be really difficult but like I said above as well, it will be better than facing the violence.

Reply
avatar
Swathi Shenoy
AUTHOR
April 3, 2015 at 11:08 AM delete

I so wish she would move soon! Why should she suffer in the hands of such a cruel husband!

Crux

Reply
avatar
Ritika T
AUTHOR
April 3, 2015 at 12:35 PM delete

Hi

I couldn't find your email address anywhere on the website..
Are you interested in doing a sponsored post ? Do let me know if interetsed :)

You can contact me through google or my twitter handle is @indianscrewup

Reply
avatar
i b arora
AUTHOR
April 3, 2015 at 1:38 PM delete

a realty for many a woman

Reply
avatar
Shilpa Garg
AUTHOR
April 3, 2015 at 3:22 PM delete

God! She should not wait for that one day, rather she should leave right now. That one day might never come or it might come too late. Such men never mend their ways.

Reply
avatar
Stephen Tremp
AUTHOR
April 3, 2015 at 6:19 PM delete

Two heart breakers in a row. She should leave and look for that happy ending.

Reply
avatar
April 3, 2015 at 6:24 PM delete

None can be sure of finding you a right partner (if that word exists) however, parents can at least make sure to nurture them to be independent and stand by them to face come what may! Well written bhai!

Reply
avatar
rogershipp
AUTHOR
April 3, 2015 at 7:45 PM delete

Wonderment cohabitating with depression. Only one will win. I hope she is strong!

Reply
avatar
Geetika Gupta
AUTHOR
April 3, 2015 at 9:07 PM delete

Oh my God..!! That was not what she deserved!
It touched my heart..
You seem to be one brilliant writer..

Cheers

Reply
avatar
Alana
AUTHOR
April 4, 2015 at 4:12 AM delete

A dear friend (before I knew her) escaped an abusive marriage with (literally) the clothes on her back and her car, which, at times, became her home. Her second marriage, fortunately, lasted for thirty wonderful years before her husband died. Your story had a harrowing, surprise ending. In real life, too many times, family and friends withhold support. It must be that much harder when it is an arranged marriage. But if she doesn't get out, her daughter will suffer greatly, too.

Reply
avatar
April 4, 2015 at 10:12 AM delete

A sad and touching story Anmol. <3 Abuse is too commonplace in society nowadays. It takes a lot of courage for a woman to leave...not easy, as violence may increase once she leaves.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
April 4, 2015 at 11:28 PM delete

You could have simply clicked on contact on the top menu :D Will contact you soon.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
April 4, 2015 at 11:30 PM delete

I agree with you. She should leave when she can. This can only turn worse with time.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
April 4, 2015 at 11:31 PM delete

Yes she should. May be life can be beautiful again for her :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
April 4, 2015 at 11:31 PM delete

Agreed. Parents should be supportive in such cases. Thanks bhai :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
April 4, 2015 at 11:33 PM delete

Allow omen are strong I believe :) They just need a push and that can be done by parents. All they seek is support and it should be provided in such cases.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
April 4, 2015 at 11:34 PM delete

That's something no one deserves :)
Thank you so much Geetika. Big compliment for me :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
April 4, 2015 at 11:36 PM delete

Sad to hear that :(
But I'm glad your friend was able to find happiness after that.

Yes it is hard but like you said, if she doesn't take the step, she will suffer and so will her daughter.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
April 4, 2015 at 11:37 PM delete

Agreed with you Elly. You need a lot of courage. Friends, family and closed ones should support in such cases.

Reply
avatar
Soumya
AUTHOR
April 9, 2015 at 12:47 PM delete

I hope she finds the courage to do that soon.

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon