.

C: Cautious


C: Cautious - A to Z Challenge

It was crowded in the market today. However, that was expected. The flea markets were renowned to be packed on the weekend. It seemed nobody had a better thing to do, but that stood true for me as well. Sunday is the only day you get to do a hell lot of things in your life. Today was reserved for the shopping spree with my best friend.

What is a good shopping day without a good street food? When we were done shopping, we had loads of bags in our hands, but we managed to pass through the crowd and reach to one of the popular street food outlets. As expected even that was packed. Anyhow, I managed to get through and started ordering.

At that exact moment, I felt a hand caressing my behind. At first, I thought it was by mistake, but I felt it again. This was when I turned back and spotted the culprit. I started shouting at him, but he reverted in abuses. The whole of the crowd was watching, but no one came in between. Seeking no help from anyone, I threatened him to call the police and took out my phone from my pocket. This was when he ran from the place. I disconnected before it could connect. For some reason, I was shivering. Not that I was afraid, but it was so unexpected.

We dropped the idea of eating and started moving away from the outlet. This was when I overheard a random man speaking to another man, “They should be more cautious in a public place. Look at their clothing. They drive attention of such guys themselves.”

I boiled with anger. What were we wearing? A pair of skinny denims with sleeveless tops. “How else does his daughter dress up while hanging out with her friends?” I thought.

However, we decided to walk away. You cannot change some mentalities I believe and you cannot rely on anybody. You have to take a stand for yourself whenever needed. Maybe he will think twice before doing this again with some other girl. That was the only think I could hope.



Linking this post with A to Z Challenge.

Previous
Next Post »

6 comments

Write comments
Laurel Regan
AUTHOR
April 3, 2015 at 10:19 PM delete

Isn't it frustrating that people think that way? Instead of blaming the perpetrator, they blame the victim. You illustrated the point nicely - thanks for sharing.

Reply
avatar
April 4, 2015 at 4:31 AM delete

If only this type of thing didn't happen to women every day. Thank you for the thought-provoking post.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
April 4, 2015 at 11:21 PM delete

That happens Laurel. Sad but true. Thank you :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
April 4, 2015 at 11:24 PM delete

The world would be even more beautiful :)
Thank you for visiting.

Reply
avatar
Soumya
AUTHOR
April 9, 2015 at 12:45 PM delete

This must have happened in India. People just wait to blame the girl here.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
April 10, 2015 at 11:25 PM delete

It happens often in the crowded market places :/

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon