.

D: Dumb


D: Dumb - A to Z Challenge

I was not happy with my marriage, but I felt satisfied at the fact that he did not have a rude behavior towards me that could bother me. I knew a lot of women who were living a worse life. After all, my marriage was arranged and I believed that things improve with time. We needed time to know each other better. If you look at the surface of the manhole from underneath it, it definitely looks much more alluring.

He was busier with his work than he was with me. No, we were not married for years; it had only been a few months. The interactions were minimized and even the closeness was bound into a rarity. He used to come home late at night usually every day. No, he never drank and that is what kept me relieved. I always thought that he was working too hard and even liked his dedication to some extent. I just hoped that things would get better between us and I was patient.

All my hopes shattered when I saw him; arms in arms with a girl who looked younger than I did. My friend had called me for a get together and he happened to be in the same restaurant I was. I felt so dumb and wanted to laugh at me. Here I was hoping to find a meaning to the relationship, hoping things will improve one day, and there he was. Laughing and animating in a way I had never seen him with me. The only thing I could not understand - “What was my fault?”



Linking this post with A to Z Challenge.

Previous
Next Post »

18 comments

Write comments
Lux G.
AUTHOR
April 5, 2015 at 12:04 AM delete

What would I do if I was her? Maybe I'll come over and introduce myself or even bring my friends over to join them. Then again, I might be paralyzed and run out. I could never know.

Great write, Anmol!

Reply
avatar
Shonda
AUTHOR
April 5, 2015 at 6:12 AM delete

Not quite sure what I would do in this situation. I would be hurt, humiliated, but would I turn and leave? Probably. I would leave because my brain would probably just shut down and process what I just saw.

Reply
avatar
DianeK
AUTHOR
April 5, 2015 at 7:39 AM delete

I'm not sure what I would do, either. What a terrible situation to put someone in, especially someone you promised to love forever. So sad.

Reply
avatar
Geetika Gupta
AUTHOR
April 5, 2015 at 12:05 PM delete

False hopes in an arranged marriage.. nobody can where it'll lead.. it may bring closeness with time or it may bring in another partner with time.. very unpredictable!

Reply
avatar
April 5, 2015 at 10:29 PM delete

great story Amol and a lovely pic to go with it!

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
April 5, 2015 at 11:00 PM delete

Thank you 'The Solitary Writer' :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
April 5, 2015 at 11:00 PM delete

No one can know untill she goes through the same and I wish no one has to go through it.
Thanks Lux :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
April 5, 2015 at 11:02 PM delete

Hmm it can be complicated because this situation can break anybody down. The wise step I guess should be to openly talk about it and then take a decision that is best suited for yourself.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
April 5, 2015 at 11:03 PM delete

Yeah it's sad and it will be shocking I guess. A dilemma is supposed to follow. Taking the necessary step will be wise because you can't tolerate it in a relationship (married or unmarried).

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
April 5, 2015 at 11:04 PM delete

Agreed. You never know. Varies from person to person. I have seen a lot of happily arranged couples :)

Reply
avatar
April 6, 2015 at 12:34 AM delete

Very well narrated Anmol and climax is powerful and hard hitting.

Reply
avatar
i b arora
AUTHOR
April 6, 2015 at 8:55 AM delete

it'e either way a gamble

Reply
avatar
Soumya
AUTHOR
April 9, 2015 at 12:44 PM delete

I would have taken the nearest hot dish and emptied it on his balls :P

Infidelity is something that I cannot tolerate no matter what.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
April 10, 2015 at 11:26 PM delete

Leaving him seems like a better option :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
April 10, 2015 at 11:30 PM delete

lol :D
Yes, infidelity is something I can't tolerate as well :)

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon