.

F: Foolish

F: Foolish - A to Z Challenge

I was excited. It almost embarrassed me when I saw he was dressed nicely while I was wearing my casual jeans and top. Jeez, it was my first date. How the hell was I supposed to know you had to dress, like actually DRESS for your date. I thought that stuff existed only in the movies. Anyhow, he still complimented me and my heart sprang out of my chest.

We went to a nearby disc. I thought that I had a lot on my plate waiting to be tagged as my first time that day. Probably I did not know how far it could get. 

He was a gentleman. The way he held me and danced with me made me fall in love with him even more. I felt complete in his arms. It was turning out to be the best night of my life. We stopped for a drink, a soft drink.

I was lost in his eyes while sipping my drink. He was smiling while holding my hand. I thought that was the perfect moment, perfect for our first kiss. I leaned forward, but before our lips could meet, I felt tipsy. Something was wrong. Before I could understand anything, the world went black.

When I woke up, I found myself wrapped in a bed sheet. My clothes were lying on the floor. I broke down. I had never imagined such a thing. I had not expected him to be like that. How could I be so foolish to trust a guy in such a short duration of our relationship?

No, it wasn’t my fault. Maybe he was a womanizer and I was not his first victim. He should be ashamed of what he did; but then why on the contrary, I was feeling ashamed sitting there naked?


Linking this post with A to Z Challenge.

Previous
Next Post »

16 comments

Write comments
April 8, 2015 at 1:16 AM delete

D for date rape drug..a touching story Anmol... :-(

True, that most of the times women are victimized yet they are considered responsible for the consequence...

Reply
avatar
Jeffrey Scott
AUTHOR
April 8, 2015 at 2:30 AM delete

How horrible. Makes me sad to hear that. Men like that are not men at all. Disgraceful. :(

Reply
avatar
Alana
AUTHOR
April 8, 2015 at 3:23 AM delete

The daughter of someone I know went through a date rape drug experience. So sad that the woman gets blamed. Maybe she was foolish but who would have turned down a soft drink? Excellent story.

Reply
avatar
Kokila Gupta
AUTHOR
April 8, 2015 at 6:38 PM delete

Foolish ! You have written the truth. Just that its so cruel ....

Reply
avatar
Geetika Gupta
AUTHOR
April 8, 2015 at 8:14 PM delete

M feeling sad for the girl.. it truly is a bad world.. and she's no foolish!

Reply
avatar
Lux G.
AUTHOR
April 9, 2015 at 2:43 AM delete

I think this happens more often than we are aware of that the story is more like a fact than a fiction. And it's sad and even sickening that the victim feels worse than the perpetrator himself. This has to end. She's not the foolish one. He is.

Reply
avatar
Soumya
AUTHOR
April 9, 2015 at 12:37 PM delete

Oh this is scary!! :(

But yeah, a reality.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
April 10, 2015 at 11:46 PM delete

That's the worst part. First they have to go through such a trauma and then people hold them responsible as well.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
April 10, 2015 at 11:47 PM delete

I agree with you Jeffery.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
April 10, 2015 at 11:48 PM delete

People should understand that it's not a girl's fault and instead support them to recover through the trauma. Even if it is mixed in a hard drink, doesn't change the fact.
Thank you Alana :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
April 10, 2015 at 11:50 PM delete

Yes, she's no foolish but that's what girls think like after experiencing such a thing. They should not though.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
April 10, 2015 at 11:51 PM delete

Agreed Lux. I have heard about so many such cases and it gets on my nerves how some guys are so shameless and immoral to do such a thing.
Yes, she's not a fool and she should stop thinking like that.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
April 10, 2015 at 11:52 PM delete

Yeah :( A bitter reality that has gripped its claws throughout the world.

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon