.

K: Kind


K: Kind - A to Z Challenge

I had finished the laundry. The food had been prepared as well and I was tired like anything. Nevertheless, this was the regular stuff. The whole day of cleaning, cooking, washing and what not left me all tired at the end of the day. However, that was not the issue. The issue was my sore cheek. I had forgotten to add salt in the food today and she slapped me for my carelessness. I had even gotten used to it, but sometimes I wondered how she could slap or beat a 12-year-old girl like that.

Could I complain? No, she saved me from dying the day she took me into her home. I was dying of hunger when she found me. My parents had deliberately left me at the railway station. I was waiting for them to come back with the tickets, but they never came.

She was kind enough to give me shelter, clothes and food five years back when I was not familiar with the world outside. I owe that to her. She saved me.


Linking this post with A to Z Challenge.

Previous
Next Post »

10 comments

Write comments
Bethany M.
AUTHOR
April 13, 2015 at 10:20 PM delete

Wow, beautiful writing. I was riveted the whole time. God bless her, who ever she is for helping you.

Reply
avatar
April 13, 2015 at 10:28 PM delete

Wow, this gave me chills. Kindness is so simple yet can be so profound.

Reply
avatar
Judy Yaron
AUTHOR
April 14, 2015 at 5:31 PM delete

Kindness, Anmol, is determined by intentions as much as, if not more than by the deeds themselves.
Kindness - the greatest gift we can bestow upon another.

Interesting you should post this today. I don't normally "piggyback" on other people's posts to share my own posts, but today it is relevant. Mine deals with the evils inflicted upon children. Your post is one example. Thank you for sharing. HUGS <3
http://bit.ly/1FEIN0M

Reply
avatar
Lisa Scott
AUTHOR
April 14, 2015 at 5:42 PM delete

This brought a tear to my eye, how sad, yet what would have happened had the child not been saved from hunger and homelessness.

Reply
avatar
singhalalok
AUTHOR
April 16, 2015 at 1:02 AM delete

Profound act of kindness...He owes her a lot more.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
April 22, 2015 at 10:08 AM delete

It's not my personal story :)
And I wanted to ask whether she is kind for helping her even when she is beating her with her own hands?

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
April 22, 2015 at 10:09 AM delete

But is it still kind if she is beating the child herself now?

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
May 2, 2015 at 2:43 PM delete

Thank you Kathy :)
Moving on to your post right now.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
May 2, 2015 at 2:44 PM delete

Yeah but what she's facing right now is not right as well. Read again and you will find out :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
May 2, 2015 at 2:45 PM delete

Yes, but now she is herself treating her in an immoral manner. So what was the purpose of that kindness?

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon