.

L: Lonely


L: Lonely - A to Z Challenge

I looked at the picture of my husband, clicked right before that fateful night which snatched away everything from me. My love, my life and my freedom. It had been ten years since that accident, which took his life away. We were out on honeymoon in an exotic location, enjoying a long drive under the starry skies. I still remember the promises we made with each other and the love that I had embraced in the three days we have been together.

We were hit. He died on the spot. I was taken to a nearby hospital by someone who cared enough to stop and do the righteous thing. I had spent ten years with his in-laws now and I still had feelings for my late husband because in the time I had known him, he appeared to be a perfect companion.

However, I felt lonely, going to bed every night. I had considered marrying someone else; not because I had stopped loving my husband, but because I had a long life ahead and yes, I did need a companion to share my happiness and tears. I wanted to be a mother. I wanted to raise my children.

Ten years of my life, I had given to them, but they still did not want me to marry, nor did my parents. They wanted me to spend my entire life as my husband’s widow.

I kept the picture back into my bag as I saw the station approach. I had left my town. I wanted to breathe fresh and away from them. I did not know what was coming, but I did know it was necessary for me and my life.


Linking this post with A to Z Challenge.

Previous
Next Post »

10 comments

Write comments
Soumya
AUTHOR
April 15, 2015 at 12:55 PM delete

I am really happy for her. She did the right thing :)

Reply
avatar
i b arora
AUTHOR
April 15, 2015 at 3:00 PM delete

many a woman wastes her life unable to take one bold step

Reply
avatar
Amy Bovaird
AUTHOR
April 15, 2015 at 6:09 PM delete

Yay! This story has a hopeful ending!
Amy

Reply
avatar
April 15, 2015 at 8:18 PM delete

Good ending to a sad story. I would imagine her husband would not have wanted her to stay lonely.

Reply
avatar
April 15, 2015 at 8:28 PM delete

It was the right thing to do Anmol. In a society where people impose their ideas of love and principles.. The only way out is move away from these repressive forces and the new direction will certainly be better than this..

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
May 2, 2015 at 2:46 PM delete

Yes :) it was the best!

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
May 2, 2015 at 2:46 PM delete

that one bold step can make her life beautiful again :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
May 2, 2015 at 2:47 PM delete

Yes :) For a change.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
May 2, 2015 at 2:47 PM delete

Exactly! He would have wanted her to be happy :) That is what she will be, from now onwards.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
May 2, 2015 at 2:48 PM delete

I agree with you Vinay :) The society needs to learn and improve the orthodox mentalities.

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon