.

N: Nauseated

N: Nauseated - A to Z Challenge

I felt nauseated. I stumbled on the stairs as I tried to reach my room. The whole world was revolving around me. With repeated tries, I managed to open the door and dragged my body towards the bed. I tried closing my eyes but it worsened the whole situation. I got up from the bed and rushed towards the washroom. It felt like my stomach was churning. In no time, I felt the bile rising and I vomited endlessly. Washing my face, I moved towards the bed again and found him entering the room. He stared at me as I fell on the bed and closed my eyes.

I had never had a drink in my entire life and this was the first time. I did not want to drink it but he forced me to.  According to him, all his colleagues and their wives were accustomed to alcohol. It was a status symbol and as per him, represented class and modernization. I could not understand why.

He forced a few tequila shots down my throat today in a party organized by his company. It tasted bitter and as bad as I could imagine. It is funny that I was lying on the bed lifeless because of him but he did not even try to cajole me or do anything to lessen my misery.


Linking this post with A to Z Challenge.

Previous
Next Post »

4 comments

Write comments
April 22, 2015 at 1:53 AM delete

Horrible how some men cannot understand their partners and care only about the so-called status symbol !!

Reply
avatar
April 23, 2015 at 8:50 AM delete

This sounds painful. Sometimes, relations are used, as a status symbol, with no warmth within. That's true.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
May 2, 2015 at 2:53 PM delete

Yes it's cruel in my view. You can't force anything on anyone.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
May 2, 2015 at 2:54 PM delete

I agree with you. No matter how much it hurts, it is the sad truth.

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon