.

O: Obedient

O: Obedient - A to Z Challenge

I am getting married today. It is supposed to be one of the happiest days of my life. New journey, new beginnings and what not. Since my childhood, I had always dreamt about my dream prince. Over the years, the thought matured into sensible ones and I fell in love with the right guy. Someone who became everything to me. We understood each other completely and I was overjoyed with the love I had found in him. Together for years, we had imagined this day together with hopes and dreams.

However, I was the obedient one. The one who won’t go against the will of her parents. I’ve hurt him by asking him to forget me. The man who is sitting beside me is the man I hardly know, but he is the right guy according to my parents. Someone who will always keep me happy. However, only future holds the answers. He might be the same or me might be and evil person who destroys my life. I don’t know if my decision is right or wrong. I just know that it made my parents happy. I had to sacrifice my happiness for them.


Linking this post with A to Z Challenge.

Previous
Next Post »

9 comments

Write comments
April 21, 2015 at 12:20 AM delete

How sad! No one can predict the future, but I think parents should trust their daughter's choice.
Beautifully penned, Anmol.

Reply
avatar
April 21, 2015 at 12:28 AM delete

Story of evry other Indian girl I think Anmol. Nice.

Reply
avatar
Lisa
AUTHOR
April 21, 2015 at 1:46 AM delete

Oh I am so sorry your marriage has turned out like this for you. I wish you only the best, and perhaps changes can be made once you two become known to each other, or not, as the case may be. You are very brave to put your parents wishes before your own... I hope you will be able to finish the Challenge, and tell us how you are doing...Lisa, co-host AtoZ 2015, @ http://www.lisabuiecollard.com

Reply
avatar
Lisa
AUTHOR
April 21, 2015 at 1:47 AM delete

OMG. I just realized this was a story! Still, tells you it was well done if you fooled a reader! Ha ha! Lisa, co-host AtoZ 2015, @ http://www.lisabuiecollard.com

Reply
avatar
Soumya
AUTHOR
April 24, 2015 at 6:49 PM delete

Do such things still happen? Gosh, I feel so lucky to have had a happy love marriage :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
May 2, 2015 at 2:54 PM delete

Yes they should :) But they don't :(

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
May 2, 2015 at 2:55 PM delete

Hmm right. Wonder when things will change for real. Thank you preethi :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
May 2, 2015 at 2:56 PM delete

He He :D :D

Thank you so much. Yeah actually I'm happy that it was that convincing. I'm surely improving as a writer ;)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
May 2, 2015 at 2:56 PM delete

Yes they do Soumya :)

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon