.

P: Powerless

P: Powerless - A to Z Challenge

I was left in pain and tears, which were anyhow invisible to him. He was fast asleep by now while I was trying to succumb to the present situation. It was my wedding night. It was supposed to be a happy and a memorable one. Just like every other girl, I was afraid and at the same time excited as well. However, I had no idea that the fear actually meant spending that night with a monster.

While I waited for him with my heartbeats pacing higher than I had imagined that night, I had no idea what was about to commence. I wanted to talk to him, to share what I was feeling right then and to look in his eyes. I wanted to be close to him and I wanted to feel the warmth of love and passion.

However, all he did was approach me like an animal and satisfy his carnal urges. I felt powerless while he groaned and grunted. I tried to stop him, but it was useless. It was my wedding night. It was supposed to be a happy and a memorable one. But here I was, wiping my tears and burning with anguish and fear of what my future hold for me. He raped me on my wedding night. But will my parents or his parents understand it if I tried to be open about it? After all, he is my husband and as per society’s norms, he has every right over my body.


Linking this post with A to Z Challenge.

Previous
Next Post »

6 comments

Write comments
Sarah Malik
AUTHOR
April 23, 2015 at 8:45 AM delete

Life is so cruel at times.

Reply
avatar
Soumya
AUTHOR
April 24, 2015 at 6:46 PM delete

Marital rape is a scary thing. What is more scary is that it exists all over the country. At times, in our own homes too.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
May 2, 2015 at 2:57 PM delete

Yeah and sometimes you can't think of a way to improve the situations.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
May 2, 2015 at 2:59 PM delete

I agree with you Soumya. It's indeed scary.
Even false accusations have become a nightmare for innocent people these days Wonder where the world is going.

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon