.

Q: Quiet

Q: Quiet - A to Z Challenge

I was happy with my job and to be frank, I was doing extremely well. My manager was quite happy with my performance and I had set a record of completing my targets well before the time for the past two years.

After two years of dedication and hard work, I was expecting a promotion, which was legit seeing my performance. All my colleagues had told me that I deserved it and my team leader had suggested for my appraisal and promotion.

I was exceedingly excited when the manager had called me that day. The fateful day as I left my job that day itself. He told me that he appreciated my efforts and had been meaning to talk with me for the promotion. It made me all more excited, but the moment I heard him say that he needed some personal favors for that, I was all-quiet. Nothing buzzed inside me and I was as still as a dead person. “It’s normal,” he had added, as if my dignity meant nothing.

I left his cabin moments after. My eyes were brimmed with tears and I could not explain what had happened to my colleagues. I resigned from that job that day itself. I wish I would have slapped him before leaving, but the shock had taken over my senses back then.


Linking this post with A to Z Challenge.

Previous
Next Post »

8 comments

Write comments
Soumya
AUTHOR
April 24, 2015 at 6:45 PM delete

Happens everywhere. Thankfully I haven't had to encounter any such things to rise up in the ladder.

Reply
avatar
Harpreet
AUTHOR
April 26, 2015 at 11:33 PM delete

very well written...simple yet so deep.

Reply
avatar
Ananya Tales
AUTHOR
April 29, 2015 at 1:19 AM delete

sad.. happens so often but really hurts :(

Reply
avatar
R Miglani
AUTHOR
April 29, 2015 at 2:54 PM delete

I liked the Fast Narration !

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
May 2, 2015 at 3:00 PM delete

Yeah it happens all around the globe. It's good that you did not have to :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
May 2, 2015 at 3:00 PM delete

Thank you Harpreet :)

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
May 2, 2015 at 3:01 PM delete

Yeah :/ Things should change soon!

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon