.

R: Rebellious

R: Rebellious - A to Z Challenge

I am rebellious is what they said. Who? My parents. Not because I was a stubborn child. I was always their sweetheart, their angel, and what not; until the day, I decided not to get married at the age of 21.

I was just out of my college when a proposal had come for me. I don’t even know who the guy was, I refused to even look at his picture. He might have been the best guy in the world, but I was simply not ready. I wanted to make my career and wanted to stand on my own feet before even thinking about marriage. My refusal seemed like a rebellion to them. They had tried to force me into it, but I kept denying to the moment when I decided to simply run away from my home.

If you think that decision made me happy, then you are absolutely wrong. I never wanted to leave. I loved my parents; I still do, even after four years since my escape.

I’m a successful woman today, enjoying my job in a big corporate house. I have made myself capable enough to look after myself. What if I had married at that age under the pressure of my parents? What if he did not turn out to be a good husband? I shiver at the possibilities.

They did not talk with me when I contacted them. However, I hope they will accept me again someday.


Linking this post with A to Z Challenge.

Previous
Next Post »

8 comments

Write comments
Soumya
AUTHOR
April 24, 2015 at 6:43 PM delete

Its 2015 for Christ's sake. Do we still have such parents?

Reply
avatar
Geets
AUTHOR
April 25, 2015 at 9:37 PM delete

She was one courageous woman..!! and it's good she made a good life for herself..
I just hope her parents accept her one day..!

Reply
avatar
April 26, 2015 at 6:32 PM delete

It's really sad his modern in outlook we are yet refuse to let go of such stupid mindset. It's better to be happy living an independent life rather than conforming to live a sad life.

Reply
avatar
April 30, 2015 at 8:49 AM delete

Best thing ever she did!!!!!

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
May 2, 2015 at 3:02 PM delete

Yes we have such parents because we are just progressing in a hypocritical manner.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
May 2, 2015 at 3:03 PM delete

I do hope the same :)
She did not do anything wrong. It's them who were wrong and they should accept it and embrace their daughter again!

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
May 2, 2015 at 3:03 PM delete

I agree with you Vishal :)

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon