.

V: Vulnerable

V: Vulnerable - A to Z Challenge

I was just 6 years old when I was married to a guy double than my age. People said that I was lucky because people usually got their daughters married at the age of 3 or 4. I was lucky to have been allowed to live for a few years more without being tied to a relation that I could not even understand at this age.

While writing this journal entry today, I feel lucky to have survived from a situation that had left me vulnerable. It was not just about the marriage itself. It was about staying in a stranger’s place where people treated you like their servant. I was beaten up, molested, forced to starve and do all the chores of household.

That had become my destiny until the day I decided to run. With shreds of clothes on my body that revealed the bruises and stomach that ached of hunger, I fled from the living hell when I was just 13. When I think of it at present, I get shivers thinking I might have ended up in a worse situation. Thankfully, I found shelter in an orphanage.

I’ll turn 18 next month and I have decided to dedicate my life towards the cause. I don’t know how much difference I can make but I will try my best. :


Linking this post with A to Z Challenge.

Previous
Next Post »

9 comments

Write comments
April 26, 2015 at 6:21 PM delete

Another touching story on human triumph and never give up in life. Superb:)

Reply
avatar
amarnaik.com
AUTHOR
April 26, 2015 at 10:11 PM delete

great story on humanhood

Reply
avatar
Alana
AUTHOR
April 27, 2015 at 4:44 AM delete

A story too often repeated. May she have the strength to fight this culture of abuse.

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
May 2, 2015 at 3:36 PM delete

I hope so too. May all those who are living under same circumstances find strength.

Reply
avatar
May 7, 2015 at 4:34 AM delete

Nice story anmol. Hope no one goes through this hell ever.

Reply
avatar
Alok singhal
AUTHOR
May 17, 2015 at 8:10 PM delete

Touching story and true too for many ladies among us!

Reply
avatar
May 18, 2015 at 9:43 PM delete

The vulnerable state of women is a realityt in many parts of our country...very sad state of affairs. I like the turn of events in this story with the change in her thinking.

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon