.

World's Best Boyfriend (Durjoy Datta) - Review

World's Best Boyfriend (Durjoy Datta) - Review

World's Best Boyfriend (Durjoy Datta) - Rating

Author:  Durjoy Datta
Publisher: Penguin Metro Reads
Publication Year: 2015
ISBN: 9780143424635
Pages: Paperback, 288 pages



World's Best Boyfriend revolves around Dhruv and Aranya who hate each other. Something that happened back in school has drifted them away from each other and given birth to a hate so intense that one’s misery makes the other person smile. 

Fate brings them together in college again. However, being grownups does not change anything. They still want to hurt each other badly. This leads to a war between them where both of them keep looking for chances to go after each other’s throat. 

Yet, there is something that tells them: This is not it. 

The book explores the world of two adult teens by taking the readers into a journey filled with laughter, heartbreaks, love and other stuff almost every person must have gone through in their college times. 


I’m one of those people who can’t skip any book Durjoy Datta writes. No matter what people say, I’m actually fond of his writing style and admire him for his huge success. World’s Best Boyfriend was a cheesy title to go with. I was sure that this was going to be different from his last book – When Only Love Remains. I’m glad that I was correct because I wanted to read something fresh, different from the gloomy tales he was written so brilliantly in the past.

World’s Best Boyfriend is more about fun than being a college romance fiction. When I was finished with the book, all I had in mind was not Dhruv and Aranya but the friendship of Dhruv and Sanchit. I thoroughly loved their interactions. At so many places, I was sporting a stupid smile reading how they were conversing with each other. It reminds you of your friendship with your best friends. This is one of the things why I like reading Durjoy Datta. He picks up stuff from real life and narrates it awesomely in his books.

I loved reading World’s Best Boyfriend for almost 60-70% of it. As I have already said, it was fun. I could not stop myself from flipping the pages and read further and further. It was definitely a quick read. However, in the last section of the book, I was disappointed. I did not like how the things proceeded. I felt bad for the professor (I won’t disclose) and felt like he was deliberately pushed into a situation just for the sake of the story. I did not like how it proceeded afterwards. After such a good start, I was expecting so much more from the book. In the latter portion, what I liked the most was the interaction between Dhruv and his father. It was quite meaningful and beautiful.

May be the climax of World’s Best Boyfriend could have been altered. May be, the story should not have proceeded as it did because I had really enjoyed the book initially.

Anyhow, the book is still worth a read. You would not want to miss the brilliant chemistry of Dhruv and Sanchit and even the individual character of Sanchit. Some quotes from The World's Best Boyfriend are really good; some of which I'm sharing below. Pick it up if you like the author or you like to read college romances filled with fun and laughter.

Love is a conscious decision to be destroyed. 
You have to learn to let people go for their happiness and for your own.
Easy love is no love. Love's not love unless you're laid waste by it, unless you're destroyed by it, ripped apart and scarred for life by it.  
That's the cliche about love. You don't choose it. It chooses you.

Previous
Next Post »

11 comments

Write comments
Lux G.
AUTHOR
May 1, 2015 at 1:05 AM delete

This sounds like a whirlwind ride. Perfect fun read for the YA lovers like me.

Reply
avatar
May 1, 2015 at 3:30 AM delete

Love the detailed review. Durjoy Datta books are always fun.

Reply
avatar
Simran
AUTHOR
May 2, 2015 at 11:17 AM delete

I love those quotations from the book :)

Reply
avatar
sachin prabhu
AUTHOR
May 2, 2015 at 11:21 AM delete

seems interesting :) thanks for review :D

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
May 2, 2015 at 4:03 PM delete

Thank you Vishal. Yes, they are :) I like his style.

Reply
avatar
Tanu
AUTHOR
May 21, 2015 at 4:32 PM delete

can you please give the review of "till the last breath"

Reply
avatar
Anmol Rawat
AUTHOR
May 21, 2015 at 5:48 PM delete

I posted that long ago Tanu :)
Here you go: Till The Last Breath Review

Reply
avatar

Shower the Love if you Liked the Post :) ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon